Worklog My First Portable Wii

Hi guys im new in here. i have some trouble on making portable wii .im alreay doing u10 relocation and trim the wii board and sanding them down with 500,800 grit sandpaper . then soldering some costum regulator to the board that precise 1v. 1.15, 3,3v,and 5 v and gnd . then i tested to booting up and it work with composite and gnd attach to wii av cable . The problem is after booting up on portablelizemii the screen got dimmer and dimmer then black screen . And my board wont booting up again , just got black screen . Did i do something wrong ?
i already try relocation composite on vias and still didn't, check all the voltage and nothing wrong.
btw sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
oof that Wii stanky, clean it well with IPA and a toothbrush

And have a look at that short Trombonguy mentioned

okay, i will try to clean it and desolder the bridge connection and give a shot

i have an update . after clean the board and soldering again my board got boot up .i try to check the volt on u10 chip on vias it doesn't give 3.3v it only have 3.1 is it okay ?

is it necessary when i check the volt betwen u10 chip and gnd it will turn off the system ?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
i have an update . after clean the board and soldering again my board got boot up .i try to check the volt on u10 chip on vias it doesn't give 3.3v it only have 3.1 is it okay ?

is it necessary when i check the volt betwen u10 chip and gnd it will turn off the system ?
If it boots, leave it. Voltage drop is normal.