Monitor Flickering

Hi guys, I have an LED monitor (specifically https://www.elecrow.com/elecrow-10-...nction-for-raspberry-pifpv-video-display.html) which I'm trying to use for a build, but I'm having an issue with flickering. When I first turn on the monitor it runs fine, but after warming up for a bit it starts flashing to black for ~1 frame every ~1 second. This is without any inputs plugged in, and when I say flashing black I mean it's basically cutting out power to the screen very briefly. This seems like something a capacitor would handle, so my first guess is a bad capacitor, but none of the caps look bad so I'm not sure which ones to replace. I wanted to ask here to see if anyone with more electronic experience might have any thoughts. I'll try to take a video tonight if that helps show the issue Thanks in advance!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
What are you using to power it? Try using a different power supply

I'm using the power supply it came with and tested the power supply with a multimeter to confirm the voltage is stable and correct. I haven't tried an alternative power supply though. I've also tried it on multiple power sources, straight from the wall and one regulated UPS.

Last edited:
I just remembered one thing that might have caused the issue: When I first got the monitor I plugged in a USB power supply into the USB power output port (I thought it was USB powered monitor at first). The USB port is meant to power a raspberry pi. Maybe this could have broken something? If so what would I look for?

I've included a photo of internals and would love just a direction to go in or any information on how to diagnose (took a video but it's still uploading).

Another thing to note: the monitor starts with no flicker, then the flickering starts slowly and it gradually speeds up to about 2 flickers per second.

Should I just start replacing capacitors?

Attachments