Question Mii Channel For game saves

One of my favorite games is Wii Sports Resort. It (and several other games) use the Mii's in the Mii Channel to save game progress for different people.

I recent bought a Wii with a broken disc drive with intensions to portablize it. First thing I did was to delete the existing Mii's from the Mii channel and added my own. Then I softmoded it with the the portablizemii pack. I added some Wii games and tried them out.

The problem I am having is the games don't see the Mii's that I created and I have to select a "guest" Mii every time. How do I get the games to see the Mii's that are on the Wii and use them to save game progress and stats?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
One of my favorite games is Wii Sports Resort. It (and several other games) use the Mii's in the Mii Channel to save game progress for different people.

I recent bought a Wii with a broken disc drive with intensions to portablize it. First thing I did was to delete the existing Mii's from the Mii channel and added my own. Then I softmoded it with the the portablizemii pack. I added some Wii games and tried them out.

The problem I am having is the games don't see the Mii's that I created and I have to select a "guest" Mii every time. How do I get the games to see the Mii's that are on the Wii and use them to save game progress and stats?
PortablizeMii uses emuNAND for Wii games, which means it uses a modified copy of the Wii system firmware on the USB instead of the data on the Wii itself. If you want to use a Mii you create, you have to either transfer the Miis from sysNAND (the Wii's storage) to emuNAND (the USB's storage), or boot into emuNAND from PortablizeMii and recreate the Miis there. I can't remember how to transfer the Miis, I think it may be SaveManagerGX that can do it, but I'm not sure.

If you navigate to the Channels section in PortablizeMii and press start, a menu will pop up with "copy sysconf from real nand" and "copy mii from real nand". Select both in that order and it will bring over your Miis so USB loaded Wii games can use them.

Last edited:
That worked much better!

I first tried the way you has crossed out (before you crossed it out obviously) and that was working. But copying the sysconf & Mii from real nand did exactly what I wanted. Now my Mii's are available in the game launched from the USB as if it was launched from the disc on the original Wii system.

Thanks for your help!