Question Luigi's Mansion (PAL) - L and R buttons not working correctly

Carb0

I stumbled upon a weird issue with my GameCube portable build. In Luigi's Mansion (PAL Version 1.01) the L and R buttons are switched (i.e. I have to press L instead of R to suck things up with the vaccuum) and it is not possible to spit fire with the R button after a fire ghost is sucked up. The controls are working fine in all other games that I have tried. For example, Super Mario Sunshine which relies heavily on the R button works without problems.

I'm using a PAL GameCube, a Wasp Fusion with the latest version of Swiss and Aurelio's GC+ with the dual tact mod as a controller. I tested the controls with a homebrew program where all the buttons worked as expected. Light and hard presses of the L and R buttons are detected, and they aren't switched.

Did anyone experience the same issues with Luigi's Mansion? Is there anything to fix it?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
This is a weird issue and I really don't think it can be related to GC+ (since it works fine with everything else). Could it be that you're using a patched game with the buttons inverted? Maybe try that iso on your pc with Dolphin and see if there it works fine

Carb0

Thank you. The same iso works fine on my PC. I also tried a different iso (PAL Version 1.00) that has the same issue.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Thank you. The same iso works fine on my PC. I also tried a different iso (PAL Version 1.00) that has the same issue.
That is really weird... Maybe a patch applied by Swiss? I really don't know. I'll try it on my Wii tomorrow (I don't have a working GC right now).

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Sorry for the wait. I've just tested the game and it works fine and with the proper buttons configuration, but since I'm running it on the Wii with Nintendont it might be different (Nintendont handles all the communication with the controller and then sends it to the game). I will try to get my GC to work again and test it out, but I really don't know when I'll have the time to do it