Worklog JS2-PS2 portable with compact ETH loading

Jonny

As the title states, I plan to make a PS2 portable with ETH loading, using an Orange Pi Zero or a Nano Pi Neo, if I can get the latter working properly. so far, I have almost all of my parts, PS2PMS, Uamp, Screen coming in the next few days, and my batteries.

I've had my orange pi and my nano pi for a few months, but never really got them working properly. When i got them I tried following tutorials, both the ones here on BB and other generic tutorials, but never really found one that worked, so I had given up on them until now. I started going through more and more troubleshooting last week, and I think I got it working, (massive thanks to @MRKane , for all the help on discord, and to @MomSpaghetti for the updated guide on PS2 SMB) but all of my damn test systems aren't working! the old 70000 PS2 I had isn't booting, and my phat PS2's network adapter is fried! So, I'm looking into getting a new slim ps2 with a broken disc drive or something cheap that wont break the bank. I actually saw a lot on Ebay I was interested in, but ill wait till the auctions over to share that with you guys :P

I went with some flat lipo cells this time, just because I couldn't find a proper fit with 18650's. these cells are 406680 cells, with a capacity of 3600 mAh, which is pretty damn good for how small they are. I haven't run any capacity tests yet, but I definitely will once I get everything wired up.

For this portable, my primary focus is practicality and comfort. I went with original PS2 joysticks, D pad, and face buttons, to hopefully capture the feel of the original PS2 controller. Secondary focus will be cosmetics, but really I'd like to get it to turn on first. Which leads me to my first question, what is your guys' preferred process for finishing 3D printed parts? Ideally, I plan on having it printed in white filament and just wet sanding, but that's only if the print is good enough to not need Bondo. (White is the planned final color, if everything works out okay)

Anyways, here's my case design so far, ill update with pics of my components within the next few days.
Finished- preview.png
finishd-layout.png