Question Is there an alternative for the PTH08080WAH?

Knick

Hello I live in Germany and I had seen the PTH08080WAH for the batteries.
But the shipping cost from texas instruments costs 46 Dollars.
Maybe there is another option for the PTH08080WAH?
Sry for my bad English. :awesome:

Nick

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Those will not work. I'm unfamiliar with the best place to source PTHs in Europe, but @Nold and @BocuD likely know

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
mouser / digikey / farnell (relseller) are prob. the best options in germany. there might be some european shops, but as for farnell resellers, they don't even ship european wide...

xsping

pth08080 seems like the only choice for wii reg, but it is also not stable, three already burned themselves one by one after one week's working, Now i am confused why this happened and need cheese help!

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
That sounds like a problem on your end somewhere. Do you have some pictures of your soldering job on the regs? And what power supply are you using?

xsping

That sounds like a problem on your end somewhere. Do you have some pictures of your soldering job on the regs? And what power supply are you using?
input is 12.5v, and if end shorts, the pth08080 will burn immediately?

xsping

but the wii also fried, the 3.3v to groud resistance change to less than 50ohms, it is very strange

xsping

sorry, it is unconvinient to upload picture now, i will give picture tommorow, it is appreciated to get your help

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
That is some of the most disgusting soldering I've seen in a long time. It's possible that some tin hairs or loose components from that monstrosity shorted out and killed the regs. Also, where did you buy these regs? They could be fakes.

xsping

That is some of the most disgusting soldering I've seen in a long time. It's possible that some tin hairs or loose components from that monstrosity shorted out and killed the regs. Also, where did you buy these regs? They could be fakes.
i buy it from two stores on the intenet,and seems to be genuine , the three damaged pth all die after at least one day working, thanks for your reply

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
i buy it from two stores on the intenet,and seems to be genuine , the three damaged pth all die after at least one day working, thanks for your reply
Which stores did you buy them from? There are some very visually convincing fakes out there.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Yeah that'd be about right. It's impossible to tell if a listing on taobao is legit until you have the item in your hands. I'd also look at getting a better soldering iron, by the looks of your joints the one you have isn't quite good enough. We recommend the Hakko FX-888D, but be sure you get a real one, there are a lot of shit quality fakes.