Solved I found a USB-C PD +internal USB drive on ebay?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
BB Store:
  • More reliable
  • Quality assurance
  • Harder to fry regs
  • Designed to fit the publically available G-Wii case, and to be easily incorporated into other case designs
  • EM and static discharge protected
  • Designed and optimised to be used in conjunction with a PMS for best performance and safety
Ebay one:
  • Cheaper
  • No protections
  • Probably flammable
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you want to give the Ebay one a try, be my guest. But be warned that it hasn't been built with this purpose in mind and has none of the safety features. You'll be responsible for any and all magic smoke.

Last edited:
BB Store:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you want to give the Ebay one a try, be my guest. But be warned that it hasn't been built with this purpose in mind and has none of the safety features. You'll be responsible for any and all magic smoke.
alright

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
So it wouldn't work with the PMS?
It will, but it lacks any safety or intercommunication features. You can wire the outputs of that to the PMS inputs, but there are no real protections in place if you connect a bad power supply to it that gives too much voltage.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
The PD module on Ebay is just for power delivery function and that's it. The usbc board on the store also has the usb multiplexer for internal portable storage as well as the power switch.

The PMS also has software for setting the charge voltage to 14v or less. This will not limit the voltage and can be dangerous to use any pd chargers.

The PD module on Ebay is just for power delivery function and that's it. The usbc board on the store also has the usb multiplexer for internal portable storage as well as the power switch.

The PMS also has software for setting the charge voltage to 14v or less. This will not limit the voltage and can be dangerous to use any pd chargers.
Yeah I decided not to go the cheap route lol. Not tryna risk starting a fire.