Question How to desolder components on wii motherboard?

I keep trying to desolder some components on the wii motherboard like the composite video port but I just can't desolder all the points. I have a desoldering iron I have tried which works on some of the pins but not others for some reason, I normal desoldering pump, and I try to use solder wick but the solder won't flow into it from the wii board but if I put solder from my iron on it, it works.

Portables
working on No.1
which components are you talking about? you may want to try a hot air station

Portables
-1 learning
I keep trying to desolder some components on the wii motherboard like the composite video port but I just can't desolder all the points. I have a desoldering iron I have tried which works on some of the pins but not others for some reason, I normal desoldering pump, and I try to use solder wick but the solder won't flow into it from the wii board but if I put solder from my iron on it, it works.
it could be too much or soo litle flux but im not an expert so ask someone whith more brain cells than me

Portables
working on No.1
try adding fresh leaded solder to the pins, then try using the mechanical one to remove the solder

Portables
Have you tried adding flux to your desoldering wick? Works pretty well when I do it that way I've never had any luck with any solder sucker.

Portables
3 Trims, 1 Portable, 2 Tabletop
Do you need the A/V port for your console?
I didn't want to harvest the port when I trimmed my wii, so I've destroyed the metal chassis of the conector using the cutting pliers and then used the soldering iron to remove pin by pin (I didn't have a hot air station in that moment)

After that you can reflow the A/V pins with fresh solder and the solder sucker should work

Just a tip...

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Also, the solder (from the wii) won't melt with just my iron, do I need to re-soldering the pins?
The Wii uses lead free solder which has a higher melting point than consumer leaded solder. If your iron is too basic, it might not have the strength to melt the lead free solder and/or fight the ground plane sinking the heat away. What iron do you have?

It is a black yihua soldering iron from amazon. it can go higher than 850 degrees f, I haven't tested how hot it can go and I usually solder at 750 degrees

MJMT

Portables
I add some of my leaded solder to all of the points to make them flow better. Trying it as is makes them MUCH harder. I find it easier to just Dremel that part of the board off and sand the sides like you do with a completed trim and double check for any shorts.