Solved How do I make buttons for Wii portable?

Hello! I have a few questions about the GC + 2 for a Wii portable I would like to build. Can I wire tactile buttons like these directly to it? Or do I have to do something else?

I would like to make GameCube style buttons if that helps.

Last edited:

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
I believe you saw the other thread where I posted these, but a lot of people like to use these squishy tacts for GC style buttons:

You could either use those and do something along the lines of the 3D printed mounts for the G-Wii rev2.5 (or how Pickles made the custom PCBs for them), or you could make custom PCBs for the conductive membrane from a real Gamecube controller, akin to the Ashida custom PCBs.

I believe you saw the other thread where I posted these, but a lot of people like to use these squishy tacts for GC style buttons:

You could either use those and do something along the lines of the 3D printed mounts for the G-Wii rev2.5 (or how Pickles made the custom PCBs for them), or you could make custom PCBs for the conductive membrane from a real Gamecube controller, akin to the Ashida custom PCBs.
Thank you for the response! Yes, I saw the other thread where you posted about those tactile buttons. I'll use those in my build. I will be using 3d printed mounts similarly to the G-Wii rev2.5. I can solder/wire the tactile buttons directly to the GC + 2.0, right?

I just saw your response in the other thread. So if anybody else sees this, the answer is yes.
You wire one side to ground, and the other side to whatever button on the GC+, no PCB necessary unless you want to make something fancy.

Last edited: