Question GC+ progamming pinout

Hi guys. I just want to double check this since I'm running into issues trying to program these things. What is the pinout for the programming through holes? When trying to program it the programmer claims it doesn't recognize it as a PIC18F25K22 and it doesn't want to program.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
This is the Pickit3 pinout, the same as the header on the GC+

Make sure in Mplab IPE, you select that the programmer will power the circuit. Otherwise it wont be powered and wont recognize a pic. You dont need to solder the header, you can just insert it but make sure you put pressure on the header so it makes good contact.

Is the right pin the MCLR/Vpp on the board? I've tried to program and the programmer comes back with a different ID. When I try to program it attempts it but never finishes

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Is the right pin the MCLR/Vpp on the board? I've tried to program and the programmer comes back with a different ID. When I try to program it attempts it but never finishes
MCLR is the leftmost pin of the header if you look at the board on the side with the PIC and the header at the top. Like Gman said, the pinout is the same as the pickit