Question GC+ 2.0 help

jrob21

Recently got my GC+ 2.0 and I was trying to test it out by just pressing “A” in the menu. After setting it up it crashed after pressing the A button, upon restarting it didn’t recognize I had a USB plugged in. After switching my usb to the other one on the Wii board I was able to get it back running again. But once again pressing A resulted in a crash, however this time I took a photo. Please let me know if you know what’s going on, I’m really scared as I’ve come along way on my first portable but I don’t know how to solve this. Thank you, for reading!

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Ca you provide a photo of your wiring?

jrob21

Ca you provide a photo of your wiring?
So the A button isn’t hooked up to anything, I was just tapping it to ground to test it. The data line is hooked up to where I think it’s supposed to be, and the the power is hooked up to 3.3v and ground on the power management board

Attachments

Ethan

It looks like C297 is completely gone, it could be of importance as it goes to the Gpu,

also the purple u10 wire for the GPU via looks to be stripped a little long and could be shorting.

i dont know for sure, but id say with it powered off check for shorts on the voltages lines

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I don't remember if the GC+2.0 still has this quirk, but the original GC+ wouldn't work correctly without both joysticks wired in. Might be that