Worklog Gamecube Vade

Told Madmorda when i had sometime to do a log, i would. So here goes. Promises be kept Fam.

Initially, the project was nameless. Always considered for Gamecube Lite, something Nintendo would actually go with back in '04 if there was an official Gcp. Then figured just now that slapping something in latin would do enough.

Maybe, i'll post my whole portablizing journey when i get to write a draft while on a bus or something. Time just isn't on my side. But for now, here's the Vade.

Sporting an untrimmed Rev-C motherboard, 6.5-inch LCD display, an integrated controller (no other multiplayer ports), a half completed franken -case housing for mainly the controller, a wasp fusion, a PAM8403 amplifier board and one SBA2900 speaker.

Vade1.jpg
Vade2.jpg
Vade3.jpg
Vade4.jpg

To be done: Batteries, and Shell/Casing

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I'm glad you're making this :) it's nice to watch a project develop. Looking forward to more :D

Roxio

looks nice. are you considering adding a switching headphone jack?

Last edited:
I'm glad you're making this :) it's nice to watch a project develop. Looking forward to more :D
Thanks man. Really want to make a long log on all the troubleshoots and wastages ive got. Those are the best to tell. :XD::XD: Definitely stuck on batt and case work now. Still debating in my head for a 3d print design or go vacuum forming. Former seems expensive and tedious to learn, while the latter i consider crude.

looks nice. are you considering adding a switching headphone jack?
Yeah fam. Sure will. But i am absolutely loving the speaker from a Philips portable speaker i scavenged and kept for months that i am not in a rush for a headphone jack rn. It really has a crisp sound and bass that it doubles like a rumble motor. Serendipitously fantastic. <3

But since cash is short rn. I might just as well sand out the controller while waiting for payday and look for a bondo alternative since i cant find one here in the Phines. Lots of sanding to be done...