Model GameCube Switch dock STL files

Discussion in 'Cases/3D Design' started by lyberty5, Mar 16, 2018.

1. lyberty5 .

You can download the STLs from the bottom of this post if you want to try to turn your Gamecube case into a Switch dock.

I wanted to host the files here to promote Bitbuilt a tiny bit if it's fine by everyone.

Keep in mind, if you want to try this mod, that the dock flat cable length will be an issue. I highly recommend cutting the gamecube 1cm further than I did (closer to the center) so that you give yourself some much needed leeway.

EDIT : Now with air intake holes
    ⇩⇩⇩

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    nobble, Matthew, cheese and 5 others like this.
  2. Jodi Denlinger .

I can't open the rar file.

3. Stitches 2 and a Half Dollarydoos Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    Install 7-Zip

4. TAD .

What is the difference between the 2 STL files "holder_slim" and "holder"?? thanks for sharing this amazing craft!

5. lyberty5 .

The "holder slim" is slimmer because it doesn't have the two "bumps" on the side. It's probably way easyier to install but won't be glued as strongly to the case. I've never used this model but it's certainly faster to print and easyier to use (less grinding of the inside of the GC.

6. Sterminatore .

Thank you a ton dude, really awesome of you to share the files. I'll be attempting to build one of these myself once I make the necessary screwdriver. (Who thought those screws were a good idea .___. i have hundreds of security bits but not one anything like it.)
    I really like your mods, they're some of the best ive seen and have inspired me to get into it. Ive been building 3D printers and doing some handmade mods for a few years now but never tried anything like the work you do. I especially love the SNES headphones! Keep it up, man.

lyberty5 and Matthew like this.