G-Wii Rev 2 Build

Noah

retired
Portables
So I built this G-Wii a couple of months ago live on stream (took about ~10 hours) and forgot to post it here! After we all built the BB-Wii at MGC this year, I knew I wanted to build one for myself. Better late than never I suppose, so here it is:

G-Wii 1.jpg

Nothing special in terms of features compared to the G-Wiis posted here already lol. The ABXY buttons are custom resin molded by yours truly to fit with the "sparkling blue translucent filament" as Amazon puts it, that the case was printed in. Big thanks to @Gman for hooking me up with both the files to print the case as well as one of his amazing USB-C boards.

G-Wii top.jpg

The USB-C board allows for charging via PD in conjunction with the PMS as well as a switching USB drive. When the portable is turned on, the drive is attached to the Wii. However, if you use a USB-C to type A cable and plug it into a computer, the drive switches from the Wii and outputs via the USB-C port. It's like magic and really exciting to see portablizing go in this direction! There's also a nice start button that was cast by Madmorda on the top. The color scheme of both the button and the case kind of remind me of these:

G-Wii 2.jpg

This build includes full relocations including Bluetooth, as well as the MX chip so all titles playable on an original Wii are playable on this G-Wii. This build was a lot of fun to put together and I'd like to thank Gman again for letting me build one of my own!

So I built this G-Wii a couple of months ago live on stream (took about ~10 hours) and forgot to post it here! After we all built the BB-Wii at MGC this year, I knew I wanted to build one for myself. Better late than never I suppose, so here it is:

View attachment 9261

Nothing special in terms of features compared to the G-Wiis posted here already lol. The ABXY buttons are custom resin molded by yours truly to fit with the "sparkling blue translucent filament" as Amazon puts it, that the case was printed in. Big thanks to @Gman for hooking me up with both the files to print the case as well as one of his amazing USB-C boards.

View attachment 9262

The USB-C board allows for charging via PD in conjunction with the PMS as well as a switching USB drive. When the portable is turned on, the drive is attached to the Wii. However, if you use a USB-C to type A cable and plug it into a computer, the drive switches from the Wii and outputs via the USB-C port. It's like magic and really exciting to see portablizing go in this direction! There's also a nice start button that was cast by Madmorda on the top. The color scheme of both the button and the case kind of remind me of these:

View attachment 9263

This build includes full relocations including Bluetooth, as well as the MX chip so all titles playable on an original Wii are playable on this G-Wii. This build was a lot of fun to put together and I'd like to thank Gman again for letting me build one of my own!
Nice! Super clean

Finn_

Do you know where I can get the 3D/CAD Models for the case? I servhed but didn't find anything. But the blue looks really nice.