G-Boy: Reloaded / My First Portable

looks great! what else do you need to finish the build beside the trimmed wii installed? Also I was wondering any reason you got that led instead of something like this? Would the led in the link not work?

Portables
looks great! what else do you need to finish the build beside the trimmed wii installed? Also I was wondering any reason you got that led instead of something like this? Would the led in the link not work?
It's a special LED with a microcontroller or something on it, so you can't replace it with a regular LED. In this video Shank has it hooked up to a Raspberry Pi.

It looks like the "Documents" tab of this page shows which pins on the PMS2-Lite to hook up -- pins 11 and 12.

https://4layertech.com/products/pms2-lite

It looks like Hey_Alexa is hooking everything up like Figure 1 and the WS2812 diagram says it's supposed to be, but then Figure 2 on that page has completely different hookups than you'd expect.

Last edited:
Portables
In progress: G-Boy: Reloaded
I would not have wired it up without testing to see if it auto-switched to VGA. You are braver than I.

Looks awesome!
Honestly just forgetfulness. Thanks! Really digging how it's coming together :)

It looks like Hey_Alexa is hooking everything up like Figure 1 and the WS2812 diagram says it's supposed to be, but then Figure 2 on that page has completely different hookups than you'd expect.
Yeah this is the issue that I'm running into. I've verified that L+ outputs 3.34v and there are no shorts. I've flipped the connections on the LED and it still would not turn on. I started charging up my batteries in case them being at too low a voltage was a factor.

Just the trimmed Wii and the battery LED! Luckily the PMS Lite also has an option for installing a regular LED as shown in this diagram:
Honeyview_Figure_4_PMS2-B_1cb5b0fb-26f8-40cf-b717-09607986328f_2048x2048.png

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Honestly just forgetfulness. Thanks! Really digging how it's coming together :)

Yeah this is the issue that I'm running into. I've verified that L+ outputs 3.34v and there are no shorts. I've flipped the connections on the LED and it still would not turn on. I started charging up my batteries in case them being at too low a voltage was a factor.

Just the trimmed Wii and the battery LED! Luckily the PMS Lite also has an option for installing a regular LED as shown in this diagram:
Please don't multipost like that. You can have multiple replies in a single post, and we have an edit button if you forget something