Question Different case for gboy?

Alvaro

Portables
Hey guys! So I started trying to build a wii portable when I was 13-14 but I was to stupid, clueless, and annoying if you see my previous post couple years back. But also did not have a budget for it, I stopped right after I trimmed the board and relocated the chip. Now it seems that it's easier now than ever to make a Wii portable and it's been a dream of mine to get one done. Just wondering if its possible or if anyone has designed a different case for the gboy because I would love a nintendo switch type build. Thanks!

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
Hey guys! So I started trying to build a wii portable when I was 13-14 but I was to stupid, clueless, and annoying if you see my previous post couple years back. But also did not have a budget for it, I stopped right after I trimmed the board and relocated the chip. Now it seems that it's easier now than ever to make a Wii portable and it's been a dream of mine to get one done. Just wondering if its possible or if anyone has designed a different case for the gboy because I would love a nintendo switch type build. Thanks!
@BocuD is working on a switch lite style Wii portable currently, but nothing is open sourced. You’d have to design your own in a CAD program like SolidWorks or Fusion 360.

A_s6

Portables
i don’t give a hee ho
if what you meant by “switch type build” was a more horizontal form factor, the g wii rev 2 case files are open sourced and uses parts from the bitbuilt store. it’s not a lot, but the g boy manual can basically be used to build a g wii. the louii is another one with a horizontal form factor, and it also has open sourced case files. but, it is a bit more challenging as there isn’t nearly as much space inside for spaghetti wiring as the g wii.

Alvaro

Portables
if what you meant by “switch type build” was a more horizontal form factor, the g wii rev 2 case files are open sourced and uses parts from the bitbuilt store. it’s not a lot, but the g boy manual can basically be used to build a g wii. the louii is another one with a horizontal form factor, and it also has open sourced case files. but, it is a bit more challenging as there isn’t nearly as much space inside for spaghetti wiring as the g wii.
@BocuD is working on a switch lite style Wii portable currently, but nothing is open sourced. You’d have to design your own in a CAD program like SolidWorks or Fusion 360.
Both of your guys info was great, thanks!