Bought a Weird Wii. Unsure if it's modded or what

Terrat

Heya everyone, long time no see. So i decided to get my in-laws a Wii for Christmas. Bought a couple off of ebay for a pretty good price. Most of them are normal RVL-001 wiis but one of them is rather odd on the software side of things. Whenever i turn the console on I'm greeted with this screen. i cannot get any wii remote to sync to the console and when i plug in a GC controller no input does anything either. I've never seen this screen before which leads me to believe this wii might be bricked or had some weird mods installed or something. Curious if anyone has seen this screen before on a wii or had a similar experience.

Attachments

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Try and hold the reset button to see if you can get into priiloader while it's booting. Ive never seen that screen before, so I assume it's some sort of broken mod.

Terrat

Try and hold the reset button to see if you can get into priiloader while it's booting. Ive never seen that screen before, so I assume it's some sort of broken mod.
Welp, you where right on the money. it is indeed a seemingly broken mod and priiloader booted up fine. I switched the settings to load the system menu like normal instead of the installed file and now it bypasses that broken screensaver or whatever it is. I think that wraps this mystery up. I think it will be a good present for my in-laws. They have had several wii's in the past that now have broken disk drives.

This wii didn't have much on it. Neogamma r9, which appears to be a channel to read wii iso's off of burned dvds, a usb reader, and the homebrew launcher.

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that splash is for a frontloader that can't find the rest of its files on a USB drive and just sits there forever. We used to use Postloader for portables once upon a time, and it took ages to time out and show an error message for a missing drive