- Jan 28, 2016
The holiday season is upon us once again and while things have definitely been different this year, as per usual we will be having a Secret Santa gift exchange for the members of the community! This year however, we have one big change for the exchange; international members are now welcome to sign up and participate! We know that international shipping rates can be quite expensive and since a majority of our members are in the US, we are allowing US based members to opt out of being matched with someone internationally. If you are an international member and you sign up for the exchange, please do be aware that your match may be located anywhere in the world! We will do our best to match people from the same country to keep shipping costs low for everyone but nothing is guaranteed.
If you're interested in signing up for the gift exchange, please use this form here:
Signups will close on November 15th!
Here are some general guidelines we've used in the past for the gift exchange. These points are important to keep in mind if you are thinking about signing up!
- Do not sign up for the exchange if you will be unable to purchase/make a gift for your assigned user before the shipping deadline. (More information on that can be seen in the next post.)
- Do not sign up for the exchange if you've not been a moderately active member of the community. While post count isn't necessarily the only factor we'll base our judgement on, the staff reserves the right to remove anyone they believe won't actively participate in the exchange.
- While there is no set "budget" for the exchange, most gifts should be in the $25-$50 range, although there is no maximum value. The value of the gift that is sent is up to the digression of the users participating.
- If you are under the age of 16 and/or do not have a driver's license, be sure to make adequate preparations for how you will ship your gift, whether that is getting a ride to a post office or having a carrier pick up the package from your residence.
- If the user you are given does not have any "interests" listed in their form, try to send them something related to modding as it's a safe common interest to fall back on.
- Lastly, try and make sure that as the name suggests, your gift remains a "secret" and the user receiving it is surprised when they open the box!
We will be sending out the matches as soon as the signups close along with more information about the exchange via PM to each of the members who sign up! We ask that all gifts are sent out by no later than December 7th to allow adequate time for arrival before Christmas!
Thanks and we hope you all have fun!
- The BitBuilt Staff