Question Been a very long time.

Hello! i was a original memeber of the BacFourms wayyyy back when.
I took on the task despite not knowing anything about console modding to create a n64 portable and based on the responses i was getting on the site it was turning out pretty good :) But life took a turn like it always does and i had to put it aside and well it got even worse and i ended up losing all my work after moving a couple times after.

I forget everything and well after finally having the time again i discovered that all the hard and valube info spread across the bacfourm was lost to time. It no longer exists and its sad really. So i finally after searching and searching discovered this wonderful community of console modders :) Do anyone of you come from the same site?

Anyways my goal right now is to start over and try once again to make my own portable n64. I do have solder skills and basic understanding of electronics but i dont have the resources i once had on that site. Would anyone kindly direct me a basic guide for parts required other then a n64 and controller to create a n64?

The case would be easy enough, Polycase being my main choice.
But rest being Screens,Amps,Wire,and other electronics is over my head. You can't get free samples from Texas instrument for the DAC like you used to so that would be another issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Luke

Portables

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
In addition to what @Luke posted, You should look into getting a 3.5" ,4.3" or a 5" backup camera screen off amazon or ebay. You will also probably want a audio amp and I believe that that is located in the BOM that Luke referenced to you. You will probably also want a gamecube joystick instead of the crappy N64 one so here is a link to that. Once you take it out of the shell, it's quite small and handy. Welcome to the community!

Ampz

@AstroSkyPortable I actually was able to get a backup of a lot of things posted onto the Bac forums however I can't remember the exact date, if you want I can send it too you but it's around 1 GB in space.