Question AVE-HDMI ipad screen compatibility

Portables
Inspired by the laserbear industries CRT iPad screen enclosure, and Shank mods Wii BVM add-on card, I want to build a Wii into a CRT styled case with an iPad 3/4 screen inside. But before I do that, I should probably make sure they're compatible.

I plan on using electron shepherd's AVE-HDMI kit to get a clean HDMI signal into this iPad lcd controller board. But before buying one of these HDMI kits, I'd like to know if it works.

If anyone here happens to have both an AVE-HDMI modded Wii, and a laserbear industries iPad screen crt with the Vsdisplay board listed above, I'd love to know of they're compatible together. I've already tested the Wii dual kit on this board, and the video from it doesn't work unless I run it through a video processor like the M Classic, though only working in the upscaling modes (no thanks, give me the pixels baby)

If they aren't compatible, then I'll try to think of some other method of getting a clean video signal into the screen.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The AVE-HDMI and the Wii Dual are both GCVideo clones and run the same firmware. If the Wii Dual isn't recognised, 99% chance the AVE-HDMI will have the same problem. What settings have you used on your Wii Dual to try to get display from the Ipad screen? There might be a certain resolution + postprocessing combo that will work.

If all else fails, there's another version of that ipad driver board that accepts VGA input. You'd have to pay again for the driver board, but if you can't get the GCVideo output to work then it might be the only way to keep true to the original design.

Portables
Got it to work, I just had to make sure that fix resolution was turned off in the advanced settings

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Awesome! The AVE-HDMI should work with the same configuration then