Question Ashida build guide???

Portables
OG boy
Wanna build an ashida. Never built a portable before. I see a bunch of diagrams on 4layertech but other than that i have no idea how to wire the display and im sure there is other crucial info im missing. Where do i find the info??

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Your best bet is to look at other peoples' build logs. The G-Boy manual at manual.bitbuilt.net is also a good follow-along. It's not a 1:1 since it's a different build and the PCBs are different, but it gives you a good idea of the general build process. Between those 2 things and the wiring diagrams on the 4LayerTech website, it should be enough to get through the build.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
There's a diagram for the 4layertech screen board on how to do the 3.3v mod to power it, but there's no guide for wiring the video lines. It's simple enough to not need it, you just check the silkscreen on the back of the screen driver board and match the RGB and H-sync/V-sync pins to the RGBHV locations shown in the Audio/Video section of the Wii Trimming Guide. AV/CVBS on the screen board is composite, which you should use first to verify that the screen and trim work properly before having a go at wiring VGA. The H-sync and V-sync wiring is very fiddly.

Also, it would be helpful if you started a worklog thread and asked your Ashida questions there from now on. Having a dozen new separate question threads active is confusing

Portables
OG boy
It'd also be beneficial to look at shanks Electronics 101 thread at other people's worklogs. Do that in addition to looking at the diagrams on 4layertech, and googling stuff.

tip: use site:bitbuilt.net "question you wanna ask."
There's a diagram for the 4layertech screen board on how to do the 3.3v mod to power it, but there's no guide for wiring the video lines. It's simple enough to not need it, you just check the silkscreen on the back of the screen driver board and match the RGB and H-sync/V-sync pins to the RGBHV locations shown in the Audio/Video section of the Wii Trimming Guide. AV/CVBS on the screen board is composite, which you should use first to verify that the screen and trim work properly before having a go at wiring VGA. The H-sync and V-sync wiring is very fiddly.

Also, it would be helpful if you started a worklog thread and asked your Ashida questions there from now on. Having a dozen new separate question threads active is confusing
Your best bet is to look at other peoples' build logs. The G-Boy manual at manual.bitbuilt.net is also a good follow-along. It's not a 1:1 since it's a different build and the PCBs are different, but it gives you a good idea of the general build process. Between those 2 things and the wiring diagrams on the 4LayerTech website, it should be enough to get through the build.
Thanks heaps guys. I have 2 working wii boards so i can learn from mistakes. I reckon i can do it if i can get the shell printed online or something. Thanks for the advice

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thanks heaps guys. I have 2 working wii boards so i can learn from mistakes. I reckon i can do it if i can get the shell printed online or something. Thanks for the advice
Just be aware that you'll probably be charged a fair bit for the case even if you opt for cheap FDM materials. The Ashida case is quite large and takes a long time to print. Expect at least $50 USD for the service, going well over $100 if you want SLS nylon or clear resin.

Just be aware that you'll probably be charged a fair bit for the case even if you opt for cheap FDM materials. The Ashida case is quite large and takes a long time to print. Expect at least $50 USD for the service, going well over $100 if you want SLS nylon or clear resin.
jlcpcb is where i got my shell made i got 2 full shells for 65$ and it was relatively nice quality too but they don’t have any fancy options either basic stuff

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
@XsunaTera66 You need to STOP making multiple threads for essentially the same thing. Within less than 30 hours you created the thread "How to build ashida?" as well as this one "Ashida build guide???", not to mention the 3+ other threads.
Don't create threads for the sake of posting. A thread can have more than one question, creating a new thread for the sake of asking a single question which can be found quickly in the forums is frankly spam.

I highly suggest you have a single thread for your project's worklog and ask questions as they may arise there until you get a better feel of forum etiquette.