Question Ashida audio troubleshooting

Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting the audio to work properly on my Ashida. I'm using an RVL-AMP instead of a UAMP so I'm trying to figure out the differences and wire it to the interface board accordingly. I can take more detailed pictures, but everything is kind of packed in here already. Here's what I know so far:
  • SD and SC seem good because I have on-screen volume HUD
  • WS, D, MC and C also seem good because I have audio coming out of the speakers
  • If I turn the volume all the way down, it mutes, but if it's anything above zero then it's a consistent volume across the board.
    • However, this is not the case with headphones plugged in. Everything works as expected there.
  • Audio wheel doesn't do anything. I wired the middle pin to the test pad on the PMS Lite according to Figure 4 on the RVL-AMP docs. I'm not sure if the Ashida handles that connection internally already, but before/after I wired it manually, nothing changed.
I'm not really sure where to check first, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Is your PMS lite updated to firmware 1.2?

Ah, I forgot about the firmware update thing. I'll try those when I get home tonight and report back.

Updating the firmware and setting the volume type to potentiometer did fix the volume wheel, so it's controlling the volume as expected. However, it didn't fix the issue with the loudness staying the same regardless of the volume, and now it's booting very inconsistently, so I have more issues to fix before I can troubleshoot this further.