Question Anyone Wanna Make A Custom N64 For a Good Chunk of Change?

Hiya! I’m a huge fan of the N64, but don’t want to have to rely on emulation for playing it portably. As much as I’ve tried, I’m not good with tech or developing PCBs, never took any classes for it or found a proper tutorial for getting this sort of thing done. But, I am willing to pay someone who is capable of making a portable N64, (preferably with a way to use four controllers but I’m fine with it not being possible lmao) What I’m looking for here is a console with a tight joystick that won’t go loose easily, so a Switch Joystick without the drift of course. For battery life I’d like about 4 hours, and for a screen about 6 inches will be perfect, thanks. I’d like to have a built in expansion pak, along with use for original cartridges and analog audio. I can discuss a price and am alright with anything as long as it isn’t stupid expensive. Thanks!

Last edited:

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
I would update your post to add more specifics: Screen size, control scheme (original stick? Switch / 3DS sticks?), overall battery life, built in expansion pack?, digital or analog audio, internal ED64 or ability to use real carts, etc. etc.

Most importantly, a price range. I would expect to pay anywhere in the $1500-$2000 range for something, maybe more if you really want to go custom with it.

If it peaks your interest , @Nicholas298 recently created / released his N64HH, which has been gaining a lot of love. You could either try building one yourself, or maybe commission someone to build one (though no one but Nicholas has built one so far, so I would be careful with who you would choose to build it).

Ah right sorry about that, I’ll update the post real quick. I do like his design, though I think I’d be a bit more interested if it had a little bit more vertical room for controller ports, I’ll consider him if he’s taking commissions