Question Android gamepad

Kitsen

Portables
do tupper-stein count?
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to build a gamepad for my phone base on a mi gamepad (refer to as mipad for the post) board i found on kijiji.

I want to replace the stick for 3ds sliders to minimine heights, I read a bunch of documentation about replacing joystick with 3ds slider but I'm a bit lost as to what would be the best course of action.

From what i saw the 3ds slider are different than regular pots of a joystick so i tried to measure the maximum and minimum value of each but the numbers given are weird (example: the Y axis of the mipad gives me 2.9 k for up, 3.2 k for middle and 0.4 for down) so maybe I'm not doing it properly

I attached pictures of the mipad below, any help at all would be appreciated, thank you

Attachments

Portables
Almost One :)
I think that it is probably much easier to use a different micro-controller than the one on that board, as 3DS sliders are just really weird. If you choose to do so, you can still use that board; just cut the traces from the button pads and then rewire the pads to the other micro-controller. The TeensyLC is likely the best micro-controller for this purpose, as it is only 12 USD, is very small, can be found at shops like MicroCenter, and most importantly has built in HID Joystick functionality. I have already developed some pretty extensive code for this purpose, and I will attach it to this post. It is still a WIP, however it likely has more than you need anyway.

Attachments

Kitsen

Portables
do tupper-stein count?
are you a mind reader? I forgot I still had this thread up and I actually gave up on the mi pad and switched to the teensy LC

Your code arrived in the nick of time since I'm a hardware kinda guy but my coding is subpar, and so far I was able to make one stick work on in joy.cpl but not in any games.
I'm looking forward to trying out your code this weekend, thank you!

update: I'm an obstinate bastard and i'm still trying to use 3ds slider but on a NES30 pro this time (I like the compatible software for android on it). I understand I have to use a ADC/DAC set up but after scourging the internet I haven't found a tutorial to follow that is n00b friendly, anybody has any ref I can study about the subject?

Last edited: