Question All of my Wii software on my Wii isn't working properly.

For some reason on my Wii, all of the Wii software like Wii games, Wii VC games, etc. are not working properly. Most software instantly gives a disc error; for some software, it runs for a bit and then gives an error. Can someone help me with this?

Also, I was planning to make this Wii into a Wii portable a few years ago, and I was kinda dumb back then and I didn't know very much about Wii portablizing, so I thought it would be a good idea to etch into the motherboard for some reason, so this might have something to do with my problem.

p.s. The Wii still runs other stuff like GameCube games and Homebrew software.

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
That's a very vague issue. Some photos of the current state of the board would help

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
We need clear images to see if something's amiss. Also what about the back side of the PCB?

Is this better?
P_20221217_212521_HDR.jpg
P_20221217_212932_HDR.jpg

I don't think there is anything wrong with the back side of the motherboard.

If wii games started before and now they don't, and everything else works correctly, (if you use USBLoader) it may be that you have misconfigured the game's IOS number incorrectly, or at least that happened to me, that when I wanted to enter a game it would freeze and go to the start or I would stay on a black screen, if this does not help could you provide more information.

how to configure game ios:
enter options> Game Load> Game IOS> enter one of the following combinations of 3 numbers: 222-224-248-249 -250-251

1671339081472.png

at least this is the solution that worked for me

If wii games started before and now they don't, and everything else works correctly, (if you use USBLoader) it may be that you have misconfigured the game's IOS number incorrectly, or at least that happened to me, that when I wanted to enter a game it would freeze and go to the start or I would stay on a black screen, if this does not help could you provide more information.

how to configure game ios:
enter options> Game Load> Game IOS> enter one of the following combinations of 3 numbers: 222-224-248-249 -250-251

View attachment 25527
at least this is the solution that worked for me
It's not just when using USBLoader. It happens with all of my Wii channels too.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Have you installed RVLoader? Were the BT and Wifi modules socketed at the time?

I didn't install RVLoader on this Wii and the BT and Wifi modules were socketed at the time.

It's not just when using USBLoader. It happens with all of my Wii channels too.
Did you install any software like portablizemii? or some cIOS package? You could try to delete everything / factory reset if nothing works for you, saving your games on an sd
What do you think Stitches, if nothing works, I should do a factory reset, right?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Did you install any software like portablizemii? or some cIOS package? You could try to delete everything / factory reset if nothing works for you, saving your games on an sd
What do you think Stitches, if nothing works, I should do a factory reset, right?
Factory resets can help with firmware issues, and should be one of the mid-late troubleshooting steps If the issue is caused by CIOS though, sometimes you need to do a clean NAND flash to get it truly back to factory.