Solved About PCB's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portables
Lol!
What makes you think he has to open the wii for that?
The wires are literally just hanging loose right there, all he has to do is snip them and attach the new holder.
I think he means Mumble doesn't want to open up his portable again.

Edit: Oh wait. What the...

Mumble

Portables
Just to let you guys know. I am listening to what you guys are saying. Also, I already bought the battery holder you guys are showing for my next one, so my bud is not the one in trouble.

I did do some research on protected cells in series, and I found this:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?197823-protected-18650-in-series-safe

I also asked the guy who's selling the protected cells if I will run into problems:

I understand that you're saying I'm at risk, but these guys are not saying that. For now here's what I'll do:

I'll use the protected cells, when the Wii shuts off, I measure the voltage with a Multimeter.
If there's a cell under 2v, well then you've proved me wrong.

I don't want beef with anyone, and sorry if I have caused some.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
"All the protected cells with internal PCB say NOT to pack build with these."
"You would not want to add another separate PCB circuit to cells that have their own PCB "
"When you charge the pack, the battery that first gets overcharged will trip its protection circuit. That interrupts the charging of the entire pack, and some cells will not be fully charged.
When you then put the pack back into use, the cell that got the smallest charge will trigger its protection circuit when it gets overdischarged, interrupting the entire pack."

These are all from that thread you linked. They are saying not to do exactly what you're doing.

That guy you asked wasn't talking about pcbs, he was just saying that because they are batteries you can use them like batteries. I could sell you batteries and tell you they're safe, but that doesn't mean they are. Also your question didn't even mention protection.

You keep saying you don't want the pcb because you don't want to have to open up your case. But as others (and myself) have pointed out, you don't need to open your case to put the pcb in. You can do it easily from the outside. It's not a big deal, just a cheap pcb and a few minutes of work and you're protected. Why go out of your way to spend more, do extra work, and get a crappy result?

Mumble

Portables
Look. I'm not going to argue. If it's really this big of a deal, then screw me.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
Mumble,

Here's the bottom line: You need a pcb.
If you don't want to do it, then don't.
If you or your friend get injured then it's only because of your stubborn refusal to listen to people who know more than you.

We have done our job on sharing our information and help but only you can make the decision. So don't believe us if you don't want to. We don't care.

Just don't come crying to us if things go horribly wrong.

I'm closing this topic because we have more than adequately done our part. The rest is up to mumble.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Never take shortcuts on batteries. I'd show you pictures from benheck where some dude made a portable without one and it exploded, but nobody can get the site to work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.