Solved A PMS Fuck UP

Portables
In the Making
I got my PMS a couple of days, was wiring things up and did a quick voltage checks, so plugged in my battery and fried the U7 on the board (I rather not talk about it). I replaced the IC on the board today with my friends help (stealing his hot air station), but he and I while finding the right temp speeds and stuff accidentally blew away and moved the capacitors, C24, C26,C27, and C28. We fixed the Capacitors and realized one of them is missing. I looked up the BOM, so I can order a new one, but I am a bit confused.

Are C24,C26,C27,C28 (My image) the same as C25,C27,C28,C29 (Bitbuilt Store image)?

Attachments

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Yes they are the same. You don't need a lot of airflow for this rework, I keep the air flow pretty low.

I see lots of solder blobs on U7, jobs not done. Do not apply power to it until it looks perfect.

Portables
In the Making
Yes they are the same. You don't need a lot of airflow for this rework, I keep the air flow pretty low.

I see lots of solder blobs on U7, jobs not done. Do not apply power to it until it looks perfect.
Thanks for the reply Gman. Will order the capacitors soon. Also, I'll do my best to clean up U7. First time for both my friend and I using solder paste, so it was a bit rough for us.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Add flux and then carefully drag a soldering iron around the edges of U7. It will suck up all the extra solder