Solved A Few Questions Regarding the New 4layer Store

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
I just recently found out about the new 4layer website.
I love the awesome new products!
However, I have a few questions regarding them.
If I want to use the PMS-2 and the UAmp-2 on the Wii's I2C interface, how do I do that? I doubt that you could use 2 i2c devices on the same line.
Will the RVL-DD be on the store soon? I can't find it on the BB Store.
Will any other BB Store products be brought over?
Awesome work Aurelio, Shank and Gman! I cannot wait to see what you make next!

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
I doubt that you could use 2 i2c devices on the same line.
One of the attractive features of the i2c protocol is the ability to have several devices connected in parallel. i2c sends a device address to all peripherals on the bus, whichever one matches the address will respond.

Will the RVL-DD be on the store soon? I can't find it on the BB Store.
Will any other BB Store products be brought over?
The DD is out of stock mostly because of the silicon shortage - the main FPGA for that board is out of stock. It's hard to say when it will become available again. And when it is available, it won't be from the BB store as the BB store is no more.

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
One of the attractive features of the i2c protocol is the ability to have several devices connected in parallel. i2c sends a device address to all peripherals on the bus, whichever one matches the address will respond.
Wow! Nice!
The DD is out of stock mostly because of the silicon shortage - the main FPGA for that board is out of stock. It's hard to say when it will become available again. And when it is available, it won't be from the BB store as the BB store is no more.
Silicon shortage? Silicon is one of the most abundant elements on earth!
With the DD, I meant I was wondering if it will be on the 4layer Store.

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
Maybe so, but try and buy a handful of electronic components right now. You'll have very poor luck.
It's gotten to the point that car manufacturers (and many other industries) can't even finish vehicles because of the shortages.

It's partly because of the manufacturering industry suffering right now due to short staffing.. for example.. you can work a manufacturing job here for the same price as working at a fastfood place. Less workers = less product produced.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
It's partly because of the manufacturering industry suffering right now due to short staffing.. for example.. you can work a manufacturing job here for the same price as working at a fastfood place. Less workers = less product produced.
It's actually more nuanced than this. Fabs for manufacturing silicon designs need to be booked like a year in advance. At the beginning of COVID companies were ordering less. Then further in to the pandemic the electronics demand boomed as we adapted to working from home, etc. The fabs were already booked up for the next several months. Once supply was not meeting demand, companies start buying up all the chips in fear that they won't be able to get a hold of them later, further exacerbating the shortage. Additionally, the trade war with China causes further issues. There's a lot of things at play.