Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] Dionaea Portable PS2

20220601_181736.jpg

Hello,

I got a bit tired of Wii and wanted to make a portable PS2.
So far I got most components, I just got a bit of trouble sourcing a PS2 7900.
I modified the Wii PMS with two LDOs for 1v8 and 2v5 and changed the resistor on one regulator to get 1.25v. It was a bit trickier than anticipated since I bought 0603 metric resistor instead of 0603 imperial. Be careful, not nice to hold while soldering...

I plan to use the PS2Plus, thanks to every contributor.

For the shell, my inspiration is the NVidia Shield, that I will design and 3d print.

Cheers,

Emetsys

Fly_5

Portables
Megadrive portable / PS2 Next-G portable
Hello, I have a RVL that I would like to adapt to be able to use it on the PS2, could you tell me how you did it ?

Hello,
for the LDOs I connected the output of the 3v3 to their input pins and gnd to gnd, to use the on/off function.
For the 1.25V I looked in the regulator's datasheet and calculated a new res voltage divider to get this voltage.

Hello,
for the LDOs I connected the output of the 3v3 to their input pins and gnd to gnd, to use the on/off function.
For the 1.25V I looked in the regulator's datasheet and calculated a new res voltage divider to get this voltage.
Is there any way you can post a picture of just the PMS? I've got one and would love to be able to modify it for a PS2, but it's beyond my ability to figure out how.

Fly_5

Portables
Hello great job, I wanted to ask you, with this module you get to have all the necessary voltage lines? and what other functions does this module have?

I have all the necessary lines after changing this resistor. It is also a Battery management system for 1SxP. In example, I will put 2 batteries in parallel in my device.
There is a RGB led too and a thermal probe to stop the system in case of overheating.

Fly_5

Portables
I have the RVL-PMS module, do you think I could make it work the same way you have done it?
rvl.jpg

Yeah it is not totally the same, but the regs you need are in the same emplacement so it will work the same.

Fly_5

Portables
could you put an image of your module in its entirety, I will try to make it work, I do not know if I will find all the components.

could you put an image of your module in its entirety, I will try to make it work, I do not know if I will find all the components.
It's okay to ask for help, but if you need detailed help, it's advised that you create your own thread out of courtesy for Emetsys worklog and to help avoid bombarding this worklog. I will say however due to the chip shortage, you cannot get parts anywhere to built the RVL-PMS right now anyway.