Search results

1. MechX

Model Wii SPii CAD Files

I'm interested in the case STEP files. I uh, have some CNC mills and could consider doing some metal cases!
  2. MechX

Update for G-Boy delivery?

Does anybody know if the files have been released yet?
  3. MechX

G-Boy No Longer Boots/Black Screen and Does Not Appear to Charge

All those solder joints look cold to me. Give them a once over with the soldering iron. It may help.
  4. MechX

G-Boy No Longer Boots/Black Screen and Does Not Appear to Charge

Hello, I'm no expert BUT. Can you get a nice close up picture of the top board (USB/Charging Board) with the micro SD adaptor removed so we can see the wiring below. As that's the charging system, between that and the power distribution board. Now, when charging. In my experience, the light...
  5. MechX

Where do I find 'checkMX'?

much appreciated. Do you know where you got it from? I'd like to know so I can fend for myself if possible :)
  6. MechX

Where do I find 'checkMX'?

Hi All, I've just finished wiring the MX chip (I hope). I went to complete the check MX test, but I cannot find it and a google search wasn't really all that helpful. Any help trying to find it? Also the button test too.
  7. MechX

Silence of the audio :(

So turns out - yes, testing it in game - it just worked LOL - boy was I relieved, however still felt silly.
  8. MechX

Oh which, via? And yeah but the guide says to test by pressing Z and Y and toggling up or down d pad to adjust volume and you should get an animation. Not even getting that.
  9. MechX

Oh, my problem. When I boot the gboy and hold Z and Y then press up or down, I get no sound icon and I cannot hear audio.
  10. MechX

Hi all, Another cry for help here. I believe I soldered all the vias correctly. I soldered everything to a via, but the one signal that travels to the resistor. Please see my attached images of the soldering. I believe the wires are all going to the right spot. None are shorted to each other...
  11. MechX

Switching to VGA issue :(

Thank you :) so feeling a little embarrassed. I resolved it. First mistake- i had wired H sync and V sync inverted at the LCD side. So quickly fixed that. No cigar yet, so I reinstalled BB loader and ensured to enable VGA (I swear I did) but, VGA now works woot! Thanks for your help.
  12. MechX

Getting about 40-50 Ohms b/w each of the R,G,B to ground. GC controller? Or can I do it on my G-Boy directly (in composite video of course).
  13. MechX

Hi all, So I am 95% sure I installed BBloader with VGA enabled (if I didn't, is there anyway to correct this?). Composite video works completely, and I believe the controls do too. But haven't tested COMPLETELY yet. So, I'm going through the switch to VGA steps, I've buzzed the R, G, B...
  14. MechX

Switching to VGA Trouble - Resolved

how did you solve this! Having the same issue!
  15. MechX

Video Wiring Misshap

Thanks guys, I managed magically to avoid ruining them. I was just following the guide soldering to the end of the resistor, well that's what it looked like in the picture. I definitely have composite video working! Just struggling with VGA now. I did the wiring for RGB and H/V Sync. But, the...
  16. MechX

Video Wiring Misshap

Hello all, Wiring the composite video signal to the LCD driver, I noticed I may have bridged the first 3 passive components. Of course I need to rectify this. But, how critical are these three passives? I'm worried during my adding solder, and desoldering process, I may loose some of them. Any...
  17. MechX

U10 TO GPU Pin soldering isue

The scalpel definitely seemed to help. I think shoving it into the via hole would be better for strength too.
  18. MechX

Thanks for your response. I think I'll try changing to a flatter tip. I have been cycling between applying flux, cleaning with IPA and reattempting! What worked for me was scraping it with a scalpel.
  19. MechX

Hi all, So I'm doing my U10 relocation to U5, and I'm having a bit of trouble with soldering to the via for the jumper wire. I've tried adding flux, and just trying to get solder on the via to no success. I've also tried soldering a tinned magnet wire - to again, no success. Is there any other...
  20. MechX

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi all, New here! Nearly finished my G-Boy!