Silence of the audio :(

MechX

Hi all,

Another cry for help here.
I believe I soldered all the vias correctly. I soldered everything to a via, but the one signal that travels to the resistor. Please see my attached images of the soldering. I believe the wires are all going to the right spot. None are shorted to each other. I've tested that.
Any ideas? Maybe stands out to some fresh eyes.

20210104_220357.jpg

20210104_220420.jpg

20210104_220344.jpg

MechX

Hi all,

Another cry for help here.
I believe I soldered all the vias correctly. I soldered everything to a via, but the one signal that travels to the resistor. Please see my attached images of the soldering. I believe the wires are all going to the right spot. None are shorted to each other. I've tested that.
Any ideas? Maybe stands out to some fresh eyes.

View attachment 15498
View attachment 15499
View attachment 15500
Oh, my problem. When I boot the gboy and hold Z and Y then press up or down, I get no sound icon and I cannot hear audio.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
It looks to me that you have soldered one of the wires to the wrong via. Check again!

Also the homebrew menu doesn't have any audio, you need to load a game to test it

MechX

It looks to me that you have soldered one of the wires to the wrong via. Check again!

Also the homebrew menu doesn't have any audio, you need to load a game to test it
Oh which, via? And yeah but the guide says to test by pressing Z and Y and toggling up or down d pad to adjust volume and you should get an animation. Not even getting that.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Oh which, via? And yeah but the guide says to test by pressing Z and Y and toggling up or down d pad to adjust volume and you should get an animation. Not even getting that.
Are you testing it in game though? If you aren't getting an animation, this usually points to problem with the SCL SDA wires, and possibly the 1.8v too.

MechX

Are you testing it in game though? If you aren't getting an animation, this usually points to problem with the SCL SDA wires, and possibly the 1.8v too.
So turns out - yes, testing it in game - it just worked LOL - boy was I relieved, however still felt silly.

jat428

So turns out - yes, testing it in game - it just worked LOL - boy was I relieved, however still felt silly.
My silly moment of my build: During testing right before I made the switch to VGA it stopped booting and only displayed a white fuzzy screen. I thought I had overheated and fried my wii board. Turned out the single 18650 cell I had been testing with had lost enough charge to power up completelly....DOH!