Search results

1. Miceeno

Guide N64 Advanced VGA

If De-Interlacing Bob is enabled the compadibility is 100% in my testing. I've update the original post to reflect my findings.
  2. Miceeno

Worklog Ps2 portable

This brings me back to the days of Acidmods where everyone was putting sound reactive LEDs behind the buttons on their PSP's. Love it!
  3. Miceeno

Worklog Portable Xbox 360 (slim)- Research Thread

About 15 years ago it was all the rage to build these into laptops. Of all the builds I've seen, I have yet to see one that runs on batteries. I'd love to see someone get a portable Xbox 360 untethered from the wall.
  4. Miceeno

Guide N64 Advanced VGA

My photography is crap so it's harder to see in these pictures than in person. The VGA signals have slightly clearer text and better color. The Dell monitor side by side is excellent to show this because the focus and white balance are identical. The red output seems really hot on the Composite...
  5. Miceeno

Guide N64 Advanced VGA

Ok, here are some pictures. I'm not a photographer so ignore things like white balance, glare, focus, and the CRT rolling effect while photographing. These are some attempts to illustrate the minor quality differences between Composite and VGA. A lot of people on the internet say the composite...
  6. Miceeno

Guide N64 Advanced VGA

The VGA output works with all the monitors I've tested it on without any issue. The only issue I've found is with the 5 inch VGA ZJ050NA-08C / AT050TN22 screens that are so common around here. Whatever is happening between the N64 Advanced and the 5 inch LCD driver board causes it to miss align...
  7. Miceeno

Guide N64 Advanced VGA

I bought a few of these N64 Advanced boards from https://retrogamerstuff.com/. These are a great solution for N64 VGA as the UltraVGA's aren't easy to get your hands on. If you want to build your own N64 Advanced board they are open source and can be found at https://github.com/borti4938/n64rgb...
  8. Miceeno

Question Replacement N64 analog stick with PS2 or PS3 analog stick

Most 3rd party N64 controllers use a standard 10K pot analog stick. Only the first party controllers need the conversion.
  9. Miceeno

Worklog N64 Overclock Fixes

You'd have to check the data sheet but something makes me think you have to enable the low latency mode in software. So you'd have to patch the roms for the ram swap to make a difference. I can't remember if flash carts were around when that post was made on shooters forever. If they weren't...
  10. Miceeno

Worklog N64 Overclock Fixes

The GM73V1892AH16L RAM is supposed to have a low latency mode. I'd offer to send you some that I've got on hand but it will probably cost more ship, import, and invert to your side of the world than for you to source local. The big red top and black to Ram Expanders have the low latency chips.
  11. Miceeno

Discussion UltraVGA - Interest Check

I like the larger soldering pads on the Nintendo 64 Advanced board. It seems more portable friendly. If you want to stick to FFC then I'd like to see a small breakout that can easily be soldered to the RCP that gives the same FFC connector as the UltraVGA so any FFC ribbon can be used (so we can...
  12. Miceeno

Discussion N64 Expansion Paks / RAM Part Numbers

I hadn't found this but I sent an RFQ with a non gmail email address. Thanks!
  13. Miceeno

More 18650 Shenanigans / Solar Stuff

I've finished testing the BMS and I'm happy with the results. The BMS is in fact for Li-Ion. It disconnects the battery at 22.8 volts (3.25 volts per cell). And it wont allow the pack to charge past 28.6 volts (4.09 volts per cell). My estimation based on li-ion discharge curves I'm losing 7ish%...
  14. Miceeno

My first choice would be to build a travel trailer out of a 6'x12' or 7'x14' cargo trailer because I could go crazy with insulation. R-10 with foam board is 2 inches thick. If I could make 4 inch thick walls look good in the doorways and windows I'd go R-20 all the way around. I'm sure the 5000...
  15. Miceeno

I might have been too panicky when I made my last post because my work from the last 5 months literally went up in smoke. While cleaning up the fire extinguisher mess I assessed the damage and decided to try to salvage this pack. I pulled out the surrounding cells from the burnt ones and put...
  16. Miceeno

This project just died. I was looking into my BMS and it's not really for this chemistry of battery. The BMS is designed for Lithium Iron Phosphate, not Lithium Ion. It's voltage range is 2.0v-3.7v not 3.0v-4.2v. I can't find a BMS with a high enough amp rating for this chemistry. So I have to...
  17. Miceeno

So I bought 560 18650 cells. I'm building another battery. This one is for a solar project. I basically have to live out of my car for work this winter (again). Last year I was looking at just buying a Jackery 1000 and putting a solar panel in my ski rack. My needs were pretty small originally...
  18. Miceeno

I can confirm the NEC theory. While going through the pile of N64's to check revisions found a REV5 with NEC ram stock.
  19. Miceeno

Discussion N64 Motherboard Exchange

I've got a 5, 8, and 9.
  20. Miceeno

I've found a few more interesting things in my search. The Rambus Memory that appears in the N64 was the first generation of RDRAM. The RDRAM that was available for PC's around 1999 is a 3rd generation product. As well as the N64 has a 8/9bit bus and the stuff for PC's was 16bit. So that's a...