Search results

1. WIFI Darth Maul

Discussion PS2 Portable w/ WIFI

I've thought about that as well, if it would work or not. It would definitely revolutionize portables! Being able to FTP games from your PC or Android phone, play DNS online patched games like Battlefront II, maybe even use Linux, who knows! I've seen a bunch of videos of people using various...
  2. WIFI Darth Maul

Discussion PS2 Portable w/ WIFI

I've had this idea for quite a long time now ever since I saw a video similar to this one a while back ago: video I was planning on doing this with my portable, but I sadly never finished it, because of work, the pandemic, etc. So I was wondering has anyone ever tried this with their portable...
  3. WIFI Darth Maul

PS2 refuses to turn on with batteries

Sorry for my noobness, but I'm assuming the ground wire is the negative right? (BTW i have my wires color coded. Red equals positive, black = negative, if you already didn't know).
  4. WIFI Darth Maul

Sorry it was glitching out and not letting me upload pictures. I'll upload them when i get home tonight -merge- I used the standard trim so I'm not using the ps2 pms, just a 2S BMS for 18650s. Sadly my multimeter broke, so i have no way of testing, until i get a new one I soldered the...
  5. WIFI Darth Maul

The batteries are brand new and i believe i soldered the positive and negative wires to the correct spot, (the 8v red areas in the guide), but it refuses to turn on. The PS2 isn't dead, because it turns on when plugged in. Sorry I'm a complete noob, kinda, sorta. I gave up on trying to...
  6. WIFI Darth Maul

Question PS2 Portable Helppp

You need the 79001 motherboard, since it is the smallest. It comes from a silver ps2 slim. Those have the smallest mobo, which are used for portablizing. You could use another motherboard, if you want a huge size portable. I'm not sure about the fat mobo either. Just use the motherboard from the...
  7. WIFI Darth Maul

Question HELP

You don't need a new power button, you can solder an "on/off" power switch to the reset point labelled in the Definitive Trimming Guide. Hopefully that helps.
  8. WIFI Darth Maul

I hooked it up there and it turn on booted then started sparking. Turns out my cat pissed on the motherboard xD I have to buy a new motherboard now
  9. WIFI Darth Maul

There's a 2s BMS (power management system) attached to them. I have them in 2s2p, and the ps2's motherboard is the standard trim, so i don't need custom regulators, i just don't know where on the board to solder the battery pack too
  10. WIFI Darth Maul

I'm completely stumped now. The black and red P+ and P- (in the picture below)go to where the yellow ps2 power port was, right? https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gUQK-8d8MnLh3QtVx8OuWJe-zWsIVQZd
  11. WIFI Darth Maul

Alright thx man. I eyeballed it, that's why the traces came out pretty whack I'mma redo it like so. Thx again for the help, I'm new to this, but I've been wanting to make one since forever.
  12. WIFI Darth Maul

So i trimmed my PS2 Mobo and cut the usb ports off, without knowing that i have to solder the USB ports to two tiny traces that i have to scratch on the mobo. Are there any alternate points where i can solder the usb to that isn't a trace, because that's near impossible. I'm a noob. I've been...
  13. WIFI Darth Maul

Nintendo Switch Joysticks on Other Consoles

Where would i be able to pick up said breakout boards? Cuz soldering to the connector itself would be a mess
  14. WIFI Darth Maul

Nintendo Switch Joysticks on Other Consoles

Saw your portable Wii vid, I've been wanting to make my own since i am fairly skilled. Anyways, i was wondering what breakout board did you use for the Switch joysticks? Because i have been looking everywhere and can't seem to find them.