Search results

1. Morklympious

PSU-Plus Official Release

While I don't regret the hell I went through to get functioning RVL-PSU boards, I'm so happy this is a reality now! GOOD SHIT GADGET.
  2. Morklympious

Question 6-Layer trim shows some signs of life and then remains black screened

Oh this is massive advice. I read this and then immediately yeeted my breakout board into the sun. Got the wires twisted to 2 and 3 and holy shit I really do just need a second color magnet wire, red by itself is just hard lol. Hot glued the wires into place because I was afraid of things moving...
  3. Morklympious

Okay, I ended the night LATE, but I believe I understood the problem. Essentially, in the future if I'm using a heat gun to remove the memory card port pins, I should cover the components that run downstream of the USB with thermal tape so they don't... move. basically I tried heatgunning the...
  4. Morklympious

update update: I trimmed an entirely new 6-layer, taking forward all the learned lessons and it's booting! Only issue now is that when I supply power to 5v for USB it uhhh.. doesn't know usb is there. I guess this is a problem for future mork.
  5. Morklympious

Update: I've replaced my usbc with a wall wart 12v dc input, I'm feeding power everywhere it needs to go, I've tested the U10 via in both places, I get a static screen when booting, the AUX prompt on my TV goes away, and I just stare at black screen while the CPU/GPU heat up. I'm running two...
  6. Morklympious

This actually greatly interests me. I did notice that with this board some of my voltages would sink below their guaranteed limit. I imagine it's the board in this case then. I suppose it would make sense that I was able to power a 4 layer with the current board / setup I have because it...
  7. Morklympious

Funnily enough I've had the RVL-PSU by-way-of-USB-c work on my four layer board. but maybe I just need to go with a DC jack noldendo style. I've plugged it in after checking everything and trying to reflow pads but now it won't even give me the gross mess of pixels (which is a damn shame because...
  8. Morklympious

Update on resistances: I uh. It was very hard to wait for the resistance to kind of stabilize, but I noticed when trying to measure them, sometimes my multimeter wouldn't react at all (even controlling for what level I was at, 200 for most and then jumping to 20k for the 3.3v checks). I'm...
  9. Morklympious

I had genuinely not considered that simply inserting would cause connectivity issues because yeah, that makes sense. I should totally solder that wire to the via so it's connected. I have a multimeter and I'll need to actually look up how to test resistances but this is something else I haven't...
  10. Morklympious

Okay! So I recently got some RVL-PSUs sent to me by way of PCBWay and I wanted to get back into the trimming game with yet another wii! The Basics: - 6 Layer Board - Modded with RVLoader - U10 Relocated and validated pre-trim. - I don't really care about wii features, I'm basically just trying...
  11. Morklympious

RVL-PSU

Coming in super late with this one, as I've been trying to get the RVL-PSU manufactured for my own hobby usage. I ran into some issues with getting these boards manufactured with assembly (as opposed to doing them myself), since: 1) There isn't a CPL file that is included in this post that...
  12. Morklympious

Worklog Makin' a portable Wii

Damn this looks really clean! great job!
  13. Morklympious

Question OM6 Trim U10 relocation question

Basically the thread title, I have a 6 layer in addition to a 4 layer I've been working on, and I'm beginning to notice significant motherboard differences (obviously). But the way I generally like to trim is verifying the U10 relocation pre-trim. On a 4 layer I have to cut a specific trace...
  14. Morklympious

Solved Controller port rewiring post-trim: Check my understanding?

I'm on the last leg of what I want to do with my wii trim and I already took a run at trying to wire up a controller to work, unfortunately it didn't, so I'm back here to ask more questions! I have a board for controller ports, and after looking at Jeff's Wii Micro thread image for his...
  15. Morklympious

Question The USB CM1/CM2 Traces and a USB breakout board question

Totally fair! Is there anything I could do to mitigate that from the port's end or is it just a "take your chances" thing? I appreciate the wisdom here! In an update, I soldered to vias 6 and 7 and finally got RVLoader booting from a flashdrive and I am OVER THE MOON. Last functional piece is...
  16. Morklympious

Yeah, for what it's worth I tried that wire after like, trimming it under the silicone, basically taking half of the strands and cutting them. I'm aware it's too thick, but I got desperate. I think I just needed to walk away from it before I try again. I appreciate the words of encouragement...
  17. Morklympious

Blurry, but, I think I'm gonna have to retire this board. I am feeling incredibly demoralized lol. I spent the better half of 4 hours trying to blob solder onto a side of the cm1 with 34 AWG magnet wire, and I think my lack of experience in soldering is simply too much of a weakness here. When...
  18. Morklympious

Just want to say that I'm very close to being able to boot a real game off of a real wii that is trimmed and I am eternally grateful for y'all patience with me! All I have left to re-connect is controller ports and USB ports! Story time: So I had the unfortunate experience of lopping off my USB...
  19. Morklympious

Question RVL-PSU (2 of 'em) might be borked. Custom Regulators: Stepdown boards vs roll-my-own?

This... makes a lot of sense. I would just wire from my input board in that case instead of the RVL-PSU, yeah. I had not considered that! Thanks for that insight! I'm having a cascading sequence of "aha" moments and it's honestly super exciting.
  20. Morklympious

Question RVL-PSU (2 of 'em) might be borked. Custom Regulators: Stepdown boards vs roll-my-own?

Okay well, two things in this case: 1) Thank you so much for letting me know about the spec range, I bought these a long time ago when I was really idealistic about getting it all done 2) Thank you for letting me know I had to BRIDGE THAT SMALL THING WITH A BLOB OF SOLDER. I began looking at...