Search results

1. Worklog VS2 Worklog

Good job! It looks great. There is already CSync on the board next to VSync, it goes to pin 79 of the Video DAC ( dont know which via it is).
  2. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

Thanks. The LED only indicates charging, I should have added at least low battery indicator, but it's easy to fix.
  3. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

The video is done. I just recorded this quckly without talking, so i will go through it in this post. Everything works fine, except for one MicroSD slot as i said in the last post. And one small issue is the LED. It works while charging but it doesn't turn green while the console is charged...
  4. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

I fixed most of the issues. Starting with analog sticks, I had to desolder the connectors to cut GND trace, solder the connector back, then cut VCC and wire it the other way around. And it's working, but as I thought L3 and R3 buttons weren't working anymore, because they were conected in the...
  5. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

You're right. Yes, that's composite, VGA would be much better, but it's fine for now.
  6. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

I started the assembly with power board and batteries. I charged them and dischaged with battery tester, then connected them in series to the board, charged them again, and they charged just fine. After that I soldered a switch and tested 5V which is also working. And the fan... it was binding...
  7. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

They work the same way as regular sticks, so microcontroller is not needed.
  8. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

The case is done. It's sanded and painted. Unfortunately some dust or something did stick to it while painting, mostly on the back, but it turned out really good anyway. I also took last photo of every part (only one switch is missing) before final assembly. It took some time to arrange...
  9. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

Yes. Switch analog sticks have these buttons just like a regular analog stick.
  10. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

This board only works with composite, but i will replace it in the future with a VGA screen.
  11. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

They are on this board on the right side, as well as the USB pull-down resistors between the SD card slots. It's AMT630A. You can find them in a backup camera monitors. Thanks. As far as i know only Gman and Nold have done it before.
  12. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

I've assembled rest of the PCB's. At first I've tested the audio board and only headphones worked. So I looked at the schematics and board to check if I wired it correctly, but everything was fine. Then I looked at the board I got this IC from, and noticed a transistor used to switch between...
  13. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

I got the PCBs, finished relocating video DAC and controller/SD cards. Everything is tested and working. Soldering wasn't as difficult as i thought, first few wires were nightmare but i quickly got used to it. Video DAC took about 12 hours to complete: This one took 5-6 hours: On...
  14. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

I've finished last PCBs and tests before the final trim. I was testing if the board works with 5V, but it cuts off at ~5.4V so i will be using 2S battery. I will only replace 5V linear regulator for a switching regulator. Also big thanks for @Mister M for posting the board scans. Here is the...
  15. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

Time for an update! After a lot of issues with my 3d printer( i had to modify extruder from bowden to direct, calibrate it, dry filament, but now it's printing fine)I finally finished first test prints. And after this pile of junk: Came out first good prints: The front case is...
  16. Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2 90000 Portable - The Slim Station

Hello everyone, i've been on the forums for over 2 years now, even built a PS2 portable, but I didn't want to post it since it wasn't that good, but i learned a lot along the way, so it's time to improve it. I'm planning on using ps2 9000x board with custom trim, and Video DAC relocation. It...
  17. BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello everyone! It's time to build a portable :)