Search results

1. DartWolf

Question Fan (or other recommended upgrades) for backwards compatible PS3

I recently got a backwards compatible PS3 and it has one of it's exceptionally loud cooling fans. I was wondering if there is a fan mod or replacement fan someone knows of, and while I'm at it I might as well ask what other mods/etc should I consider to help it perform at it's best.
  2. DartWolf

Question custom order ribbon wire?

I am working on a project that involves a wii u gamepad and I need to replace the ribbon wires. They are too delicate to solder to. I was thinking I could try to custom order a small stub ribbon wire with solder points I can connect my button wires to to replace the old cable. Anyone know where...
  3. DartWolf

Question Pluto-IIx HDMI chip gamecube install documetation?

Recently I acquired a gamecube and various components to mod it with. The Xeno chip is very straightforward, and the SD2SP2 mod chip plugs right in. I am having some difficulty finding install documentation on the Pluto-IIx HDMI soldering points. I already have GC-Video in the modchip, so I...
  4. DartWolf

Worklog Wii U gamepad redesign

Something about me. I have small hands. This makes the bottom corners of the Wii U gamepad simply terrible to work with as they continually dig into my hands. One mod I am currently planning is a redesign of the wii U gamepad to be more like unto a gamecube for comfort. Currently I am planning...
  5. DartWolf

Question Wii portable using a touchscreen?

Hey guys. I'm fairly new to the hardware modding scene. So far I've modded a few GBAs and helped a friend build a home made arcade cabinet from scratch. I've been wanting to make a Wii portable for years now and am coming up with a few designs. One of which was to use a touch screen as a...