Search results

1. vikMKW

UltraWii Sakura

My faith in humanity has been restored after seeing that wire routing. Super job! Where did you source copper sheet from?
  2. vikMKW

Worklog Toshiiba

And we have video! The VGA output looks superb...though we don't have audio :blush: Pads on the bottom side of the PCB are connected to the wii multi-out connector's through holes. It's a blind solder joint, as I had to push a fine tip iron through the holes and have the solder wick through to...
  3. vikMKW

Late night modding

After discovering the Wii Dual was on its final production run, I had to snag one. I hope Dan either revives the project or incorporates it into his xDigital lineup. The pictures don't do the mod justice, but whoa! I'm coming from a knock off Wii2HDMI adapter, so I had just over potato quality.
  4. vikMKW

Worklog Toshiiba

First, congrats to everyone that completed their projects. All of the entries are absolutely superb, and some of straight up production value. What a fun contest to be following! I took some time off, but abandonment was never an option. Completing the project by the deadline was a reach goal...
  5. vikMKW

Question Gamecube Port PCB

https://github.com/vikhub95/wii-portabilize-library-master
  6. vikMKW

Worklog Toshiiba

The LCD controller I use requires 12V in. The lowest voltage the LCD controller was able to run off was 6.0V before there wasn't enough power to keep the screen on, but as I dropped the voltage, the screen dimmed. Although I can theoretically use any 2S configuration, it'll require more current...
  7. vikMKW

Worklog Toshiiba

Yeah, it's got HBC and PM. I made sure to not proceed with the trim unless it successfully booted into PM without the wifi module and the U10 relocation was correct. BT is currently wired up. I've got a spare 6 layer board I can use as a donor. Not to promote the shotgun troubleshooting...
  8. vikMKW

Question No video output

Reposting here hoping to get some traction. Stayed a bit later after work today to examine the composite video signal. I brought an unmoded, known good wii as a "gold" sample. The scope wasn't configured well, but I think I got the info I needed. I'm not familiar with NTSC, but it's...
  9. vikMKW

Worklog Toshiiba

Stayed a bit later after work today to examine the composite video signal. I brought an unmoded, known good wii as a "gold" sample. The scope wasn't configured well, but I think I got the info I needed. I'm not familiar with NTSC, but it's evident that there's a front porch, back porch, &...
  10. vikMKW

Worklog Toshiiba

Thank you! I made sure to read the datasheet first. I know I'd want people to read a document like that if I made one. To be fair, I'm working with ample room, so I don't need to cut corners (literally too) as much. People here are far more competent than I am, so I have no doubt that someone...
  11. vikMKW

Question No video output

Still can't get video out. The new resistances I'm using raise the rails close to, but not exceeding the required voltage. I moved up incrementally, to avoid damaging components. Changes are highlighted. The CPU and GPU are still gradually heating and don't immediately become hot, which keeps...
  12. vikMKW

Worklog Q*Mini Arcade Game Redesign

And that's why we keep dead boards as donors. Good job taking the leap and trying it. Paid off.
  13. vikMKW

Question No video output

Yeah, it measured 3.3V. I included the reading in the video, but measured it in the middle of all the line voltage measurements. Makes it hard to catch. Haven't had a chance to get to the power distribution board yet.
  14. vikMKW

Question No video output

New PSU just came in! It's about time to move on from the ATX breakout. The problem continued after using the Korad PSU. I'll replace the resistors on my power distribution board tonight to compensate for voltage sag.
  15. vikMKW

Question No video output

My trim does not output video. The CPU & GPU gradually heat up, and I haven't left it on for more than a minute. PM didn't appear after 15 seconds. Before trimming, I successfully booted into PM after relocation U10 and removing the wifi module. Each line resistance was as follows: I'm using...
  16. vikMKW

Worklog Toshiiba

The power distribution board came in. Built it up and confirmed all the output voltages are correct. Only now did I realize I didn't include a 5V pin on the breakout board mounted to the wii, oops. I was so focused on the fact that the wii does not need 5V that I completely omitted it from the...
  17. vikMKW

The ability to make board corrections, is an important skill to develop. I suggest to order the part and try it. You have nothing to lose, and you'll gain a powerboost for other projects if you succeed.
  18. vikMKW

^ I second that
  19. vikMKW

Worklog Toshiiba

Small update today. Some time ago, I foolishly discarded the hinges for the screen when I tore apart the laptop. The replacement hinges came in, and are confirmed to be the correct fit. There are protruding screw posts that will need to be removed with a grinder. The power distribution board is...
  20. vikMKW

Worklog Toshiiba

It's been hard for me to find enough time to make a dent in the build, but I've been working on it. I've used a blend of EasyEDA and Eagle in the past, but decided to commit to KiCAD. Instead of winging it to begin immediately, I opted to take my time and learn it by following instructional...