Search results

1. JMCD

A basic homebrewed bartop cab

Just a few pics of a build I did as a gift for someone a few years back, this was a really fun project and I'd love to do a full size cabinet with a mini pc one day. The build consisted of: Stereo amp and speakers Raspberry pi 3, running retropie, with roms on an old portable hard drive USB...
  2. JMCD

Help identifying component

Hiya, well my google fu has failed me... I'm on a quest to understand my LCD driver a little more. It's a PCB800852. Specifically the backlight driver portion. In the hopes of modding/replacing it to be more efficient and offer variable brightness from within software. Can anyone help id...
  3. JMCD

Question Software choices

Whilst trawling the net I noticed that nearly all raspberry pi handhelds are running retropie. Is there a reason retropie is so dominant on these? I recently switched my minipc over to batocera and love it. It is more "locked down" than retropie but after trying it on my pi, I find it maybe...
  4. JMCD

Worklog Wii-Pi

Hello everyone I thought I'd start the ball rolling on my worklog, I have been lurking for a while reading and pestering @LCandell via PM occasionally :) I came here by chance when I found the old family Wii in a cupboard (was jailbroken waaaaay back using an exploit on a certain gamedisc when...