Search results

1. ThatFrenchChick

Food Pineapple on Pizza?

This is a crime. However, pineapple is also a crime in and of itself. The sweetness…yeesh
  2. ThatFrenchChick

Worklog First Project! - NESis

Thanks, that’s good to know! Any tips on getting the connector out fully? Presumably anything that might damage the connector is fine since it sounds like it would be better for me to replace it anyway.
  3. ThatFrenchChick

Well I’m thinking I may have just utterly effed this up. Still pretty sure there is solder (after using a magnifier to look and the cartridge slot not coming up even though I’ve cut the rivets) that I am just not getting out even after resoldering and some these holes are looking in rough shape...
  4. ThatFrenchChick

This is my first project and is inspired by an older project by Funky! I am working on Frankencasing a Sega Genesis Model 2 board into an NES shell. Tonight I started desoldering the cartridge port (desoldered for the first time, sooo I’m thinking I may have goofed a liiiittle but hopefully it...
  5. ThatFrenchChick

Question Putting Sega Genesis in NES shell

Not quite at the worklog point yet as I’m still waiting on some materials, but I did have a general question. The NES and Sega Genesis model 2 both have a fitted metal base and top layer inside — is this important and do I need to make sure that I include these metal shells?
  6. ThatFrenchChick

Probably a silly question, but can you tell me what you have attached to the end of the wires connecting to the cartridge slots? Thanks!
  7. ThatFrenchChick

So fun that I ran into you on here since yours was the inspiring project it looks like! Thank you for the advice — I’m excited to give it a go!
  8. ThatFrenchChick

Hi, All! A while back my partner showed me some pictures of a Genesis that was fitted into an NES shell and LOVED it. I have some extra time and consoles around, and since it’s a one-off the original creator already sold or just kept and I’ve been interested in getting into modding anyway, I’d...
  9. ThatFrenchChick

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi! Joining because I’m interested in doing some fun modding work on some retro consoles we have lying around, but I have zero electronics knowledge and want to make sure I’m doing things safely and efficiently!