2. Postman

N64p Advance 2.0

Hawt.
  3. Postman

A RPi Portable Made Out Of Hemp - The HemPi

Best week ever. Miss ya Nold!
  4. Postman

Release Postman's "PIIza TIme" Custom Wii Regulator Boards + Preorders

oof ouchie ow my soldering pride. But in all seriousness YES! I will take all the advice and help I can get. Ain't nobody perfect. Noted. No shorting U10 to ground for reset. Not even if I REAAAAALLY want to.
  5. Postman

I tested it probably a dozen times with no instability but YMMV, that's why I said if you choose. I remember vaguely you explained why this isn't a good idea but I can't remember your exact answer. Could you elaborate?
  6. Postman

Hello everyone, back with an update! I revised the PCB to improve the chip thermals. The board now has exposed ground plane with vias around the chips to help keep the TPS regulators cool. I also added an attiny10 for pulsing the U10 point at startup. The program is designed to run at startup...
  7. Postman

AFAIK the efficiency is directly tied to how much current is drawn from the regulator not the time it has been used. I can update with more pictures when I am back in the modstation!
  8. Postman

A very good point, I should probably not write this at 2am lol Two distinctions to make here: 1. Only the 1.0v/1.15v regulator chip gets hot to the touch, that is because: 2. The efficiency of those voltages drop to about ~80% percent at max current draw of 1.84A on the 1.15v line and ~85% on...
  9. Postman

Hey everyone! Sorry for being MIA for so long, but I return with tasty memes. I present to you all: PIIza TIme. A custom Wii regulator board built off of 2x TPS54395 switching voltage regulators with around ~90%-95% on the 5.0v and 3.3v lines and ~80%-85% efficiency on the 1.15v and 1.0v...
  10. Postman

Board scan Consolized Gameboy Guide: Wiring a NES controller to a DMG

Ayyyye, we got the NES controller working!
  11. Postman

Question OG Xbox wireless controller mod

Derp, I missed the 3rd part controller drop in part. Go with what Madmorda said, that's definitely your best bet. You could also find the pinouts for the buttons on the controller and where they connect to on the main IC on the board, trim the 3rd party board, then wire it up to a first party...
  12. Postman

Wavebird Inside A Wired Gamecube Controller

Dude, this is amazing. I am definitely trying this out!
  13. Postman

Question OG Xbox wireless controller mod

Not off the top of my head, but is this your first project? If it is I would recommend a mod that is slightly easier because this would be a pretty intense project. One method that comes to my mind is using some sort of microcontroller and a bluetooth module in the controller and in the dongle...
  14. Postman

Custom Crystal (acrylic) Computer

I got 3 boards, 2 of them with the same specs as this computer. Those two I got for 350 and 175. Then I got a board with a i7-4710hq and a 970m for 90 bucks >:D
  15. Postman

Custom Crystal (acrylic) Computer

Hey all! Sort of an unconventional project for BB but I wanted to share anyways. I came across some alienware laptop motherboards that would not charge batteries (BMS may have gone out on the board) and I picked up a couple of them VERY cheap. After some tinkering, a couple of iterations...
  16. Postman

Question Idea for portable(ish)

Great info, thanks person who is clearly not Johnny!
  17. Postman

Question Idea for portable(ish)

Cannot, to my knowledge they mostly are SPI or I2C driven meaning that they use code to drive the screen's image. You will need a composite/RGB/vga screen with a driver board in order for it to work with your portable.
  18. Postman

Worklog EWHIZZ 1st Wii port

When looking at any sort of flash memory, look at the price. If the price is too good to be true, it most likely is.
  19. Postman

G-Wii

hemlo sir yes i wold liek v much if u could maek me a v nice portabel jus lik dis w my alowance my mom gave me i will gib u 10$ ok thank But actually though, as always, I would take your portable on a classy date if I could. 10/10 would portable again.
  20. Postman

Portables of Bitbuilt Yearly Calendar Initiative

That should be August's picture so we can call it WAHugust. I like where this is heading.