Search results

1. Graybang

Question Wifi board heating up, Soldering difficulty.

I just need the Wii to start working again. really should have waited, regrets.
  2. Graybang

Thanks for the offers, but since I'm in Sweden i cant accept any of them. Do you all solder wires directly to the wifi module? or do you cut out the socket from the motherboard and use those contacts, they do look a lot easier.
  3. Graybang

does that mean any damage done to the parts that I did solder to doesn't matter?(the missing resistor, and contacts, oops) if i solder to the vias instead? if so there's hope for me yet.
  4. Graybang

that's probably true, but the wifi module was heating up before i even touched anything that had to do with wifi. but i think i'm just going to give up on this board, thanks anyways.
  5. Graybang

Here's how they currentely look, mangled because i tried to solder to them And the wifi module plug when it heats it becomes too hot to touch, and much faster than the cpu/gpu do.
  6. Graybang

i've shorted the data line and tried running the wii again. the wifi module is still heating up very hot in a few seconds. i assume that the wifi module is broken, since this happened before I even touched anything related to wifi.
  7. Graybang

I was booting straight into usb loader GX with priiloader, the board is uncut and all my soldering/wiring has basically been undone, except for the lost resistor.
  8. Graybang

While i was trying to move the Bluetooth board I unexpectedly lost boot, even with Bluetooth in it's original plug. I found out then that the wifi module was getting very hot very quick. is my board broken or just the wifi module, is there a way to salvage it? or do i need to buy another wifi...