Recent content by YveltalGriffin

1. YveltalGriffin

S.I.S Part 2: Electric Boogaloo *hot air*

A generic 858D hot air station will serve you well in these early stages of your modding career! They're available on AliExpress, eBay and Amazon for $30-40.
  2. YveltalGriffin

Worklog HDMI Alt mode over USB-C board

Awesome! Can't wait to see them working! Are you going to measure the LT6711A's power consumption while outputting 480p DP alt mode?
  3. YveltalGriffin

Worklog N64 Micro

The RDRAM channel impedance isn't a secret-- it's 28Ω 50Ω. There are some resources online with info on designing RDRAM channels, like this slide deck with Intel-recommended stackups and structures. Sadly Rambus' original channel design spreadsheets don't seem to be available anymore. But I...
  4. YveltalGriffin

Release Fujiflex (GCVideo DVI flex PCB)

I recently released fujiflex, a GCVideo DVI flex PCB for 4-layer Wii motherboards. It is permissively licensed under the Solderpad Hardware License v2.1! GITHUB LINK Features: Compact 28 x 30mm 2-layer flex PCB (requires KiCAD 8.0 or later) ~$10 BOM cost Powered from 3.3V and 1.8V (1.2V...
  5. YveltalGriffin

Guide The Definitive Wii U Trimming Guide

Previous revs can be trimmed nearly as small! The scans + WUP-01 "compendium" I shared in the R&D thread contain all the info required to perform such a trim. This post also has a theoretical WUP-01 trim line. LOLWUN? :XD: My Bistro reg board should be able to power WUP-01 - WUP-40 boards no...
  6. YveltalGriffin

Worklog Nintendo Vegas

I was wrong in my initial post when I said the shorts were from "solder blobbing" under the Hollywood. What's actually happening is damage to the Hollywood during the reflow process. We're not sure if it's popcorning due to moisture or something else, like the die attach melting. Drew, Aurelio...
  7. YveltalGriffin

Modern Piiwii Pocket

Wow, looks great! Cool to see the mashup of modern boards in a Polycase shell. Awesome work :D
  8. YveltalGriffin

Worklog Wii U R&D Thread (WURD)

I really appreciate all the kind words about the guide! <3 I know I said I was taking a break, but I couldn't help but continue with Wii U development. First off, I am publicly releasing all of my Wii U scans (both WUP-01 and WUP-50) as well as my pseudo-compendium-- about 15GB in total. The...
  9. YveltalGriffin

Thanks for letting me know about this. Wii U HB scene is moving quick these days, which is awesome! So right now, the guide is very "hardware-centric". It relies on relocating all the original hardware & adding Pico de_Fuse to replace the disc drive. I'm a hardware guy, so this is my preferred...
  10. YveltalGriffin

The Definitive Wii U Trimming Guide is live! Click here to navigate to the thread. First and foremost, I have some people to thank: ShinyQuagsire23, for Pico de_Fuse and stroopwafel @Crazzyleprechaun, for pioneering the wireless module relocations and trim dev support @thedrew, for alerting...
  11. YveltalGriffin

Preface The Definitive Wii U Trimming Guide only supports WUP-50 Wii U motherboards. WUP-50 motherboards consume much less power than earlier revisions, making them usable for portables. An addendum for earlier motherboard revisions may be released in the future. Thanks to recent discoveries...
  12. YveltalGriffin

Guide Wii Undervolting "guide" and stats. (incomplete)

I designed an adjustable Wii undervolting board with current sense resistors. The reg board isn't really for portables, but instead to help characterize mobos' undervolting potential and take accurate current measurements. It's open source and available on my GitHub: LINK 3.5 - 5.5V input x4...
  13. YveltalGriffin

Quick update: I am still hard at work on The Definitive Wii U Trimming Guide. There have been many details to work out over the past few months, such as: comprehensive audio/video pinouts mode pin behavior I2S frequencies and pin locations whether voltage rails can be consolidated/shorted...
  14. YveltalGriffin

Question PS2 VGA is not working in 4layertech screen

That disclaimer matches what I said. While a few games can be forced to display in 480p and will show up on that screen, most are 480i-only and will not work. In other words, that screen is not recommended for PS2.
  15. YveltalGriffin

Question PS2 VGA is not working in 4layertech screen

The PS2 outputs 480i (15kHz) YPbPr/VGA. Only some games can be forced to output 480p. Unfortunately, the 4LT 5" 800*480 screen doesn't accept 15kHz VGA. The only screens that accept 480i YPbPr or VGA are the Eyoyo screen, the 4" 320*240 Dalian screen, and some 5" 640*480 screens like this one...