Recent content by Wulf

1. Wulf

Worklog Wulf's Super-Amazing Portable WiiU

Sitting at the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate start screen, it ran for roughly 60 minutes with everything, batteries included, staying quite cool. ... ... And it just now occurred to me that there's probably a power saving feature to turn it off after an hour. I'll check on that later. Still...
  2. Wulf

I'll bring it to work tomorrow and see how long it'll run.
  3. Wulf

Bask, gentlemen. Bask. Two 7.4v batteries in series. If anybody needs me to go more in-depth i to this ground-breaking mod, just let me know.
  4. Wulf

Worklog Kill Mii (Altoids Tin Portable)

Look at all that wasted space. You haven't even decapped the ICs.
  5. Wulf

Question Soldering to the PCB on Classic Controller, soldering question

www.ebay.ca/itm/282109115811 That's the solder that I'm using.
  6. Wulf

"On"? Looks like 800F, according to the page.
  7. Wulf

I have this one - http://www.ebay.ca/itm/272278496133 Based off a recommendation that I can no longer remember, but trusted at the time. Is it cheap crap?
  8. Wulf

Huh. I knew that was a possibility, but my old clunker of an iron is still on its original tip after putting up with all of my abuse so I didn't expect it to be an issue this soon after getting a new one. Thanks.
  9. Wulf

I've been dabbling at this for a while now. I've got a Classic Controller split in half, and I'm attempting to bridge the gap for each connection by scraping off the green stuff and soldering to the PCB. A trained eye could probably even look at each connection and tell the order I did them in...
  10. Wulf

Question A Wii U question for the gurus...

Interesting. Would you mind going into a bit more detail on that for my own education? How do you predict the voltage drop from being under load? Could the voltage drop be reduced by hooking up more batteries in parallel? I assume you don't mean discharged in the "ran out of juice" sense...
  11. Wulf

Discussion Wii U - Expanding the Possibilities...

Did you ever get around to installing the antennas? How did it work out for you?
  12. Wulf

Question A Wii U question for the gurus...

Does anybody know the acceptable voltage range for a Wii U? Could I chop up the power cord, attach a barrel plug, and then swap between 14.8v batteries and the outlet as desired?
  13. Wulf

Dual Shock 4, modding/hooking?

They are on a hardwired network, but my understanding of the DS4 is that it will use the USB cable if available. I actually started practicing on the faulty DS4 last night. Took a few tries to get a feel for it, but I was able to solder 5 or so wires onto the button pads before I butchered the...
  14. Wulf

Dual Shock 4, modding/hooking?

Not portablizing, but definitely modding-related. Right now, I'm running a TwitchPlaysBloodborne on PS4 - I'm doing this with a hacked RemotePlay app being fed fake controller data. It works pretty well, but trying to enter frame-accurate commands only has about a 50% success rate due to the...
  15. Wulf

Question Casual attempt at pWii, various questions

...So, does anybody remember Odama? Some weird microphone pinball strategy gamecube game? Has anybody used it? I'm pretty sure I've got a copy kicking around that I haven't seen for the better part of a decade, but the reason I bring it up is that it had some unique little controller mount...