Recent content by thebaconwheel

1. thebaconwheel

El Cheapo - My First Wii Portable

Cool dude but could you maybe make your own thread? This one is kind of mine...
  2. thebaconwheel

Alright so I got my 4 layer wii and working hardware so I'm waiting for my wii to HDMI converter so i can get the software on! During this time I'm also planning to make the wii micro! I am currently working on my BOM and El Cheapo is happily being "cheap" because 4layer has the pay in 4...
  3. thebaconwheel

Dude that is some major genius! Good luck with that man, I'll be here on the struggle bus because I really want pro controls in my portable.
  4. thebaconwheel

OK SO! I'm going with a custom design so I'm going to start brush up on my 3D designing. I've decided to re-use an old broken powerA wireless pro-controller for the controls, however I am increasingly unsure of where to cut down the pcb and how to intergrate it with the GC+ 2. I'm not sure if I...
  5. thebaconwheel

I am leaning towards custom but the struggle may be super real.
  6. thebaconwheel

That sounds like a genius idea right there!
  7. thebaconwheel

Thats fair I guess. It would also simplify the process. I'll save the other wii for more expendable ideas.
  8. thebaconwheel

So a while back I decided to make a wii portable using my childhood wii that hasn't been touched in AGES. I have extremely limited experience and an even more limited budget so I'm working with what I have and planning the ever living crap out of everything before I set down purchases. Research...
  9. thebaconwheel

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

What's up, I'm Connor (you can call me thebaconwheel or bacon or whatever you feel). I wanted to get into portabilizing after making my diy janky Raspberry pi portable and seeing my old Wii lying around and thinking hey maybe I can do this. I embrace the jank so.... tried and tested < cheap for...