Recent content by Spartan200

1. Spartan200

Question "Failed to initialize FAT" error on First Ashida build

Had the exact same problem. I used an SD to USB adapter, took it apart and wired it correctly and it worked perfectly. This was after trying seven different usb drives. Give it a shot if you're still having trouble, worked great for me.
  2. Spartan200

Question 3.3V tant cap location/wiring under omega trim

Please critique my trim and let me know what I am doing wrong with the 3.3V cap
  3. Spartan200

Question Removing Disc Drive Calls from WiiFlow, or USB Loader GX

I see that RVLoader has Hiidra to bypass the disc drive calls in Wii games is this correct? Has anyone successfully used homebrew like WiiFlow or USB Loader GX in a portable? WiiFlow makes calls to the disc drive board. Wondering if this can be bypassed. Main reason is because I cannot get N64...
  4. Spartan200

Question USB Corruption and RVLoader issue

I have had great success using Chipquik NC191 flux in addition to my solder. Gets my solder joints perfect everytime.
  5. Spartan200

Wish you the best as well, attaching two pics for you. I was powering the USB directly from my 5V PSU source but it works better when power line is attached directly to the capacitor on the top of the motherboard in order to supply the motherboard 5V not just the USB. First trim I removed the...
  6. Spartan200

I am having the same exact issue been working on it for 3 hours now. Screen has purple and green dot artifacts and sometimes loads then crashes and sometimes displays DSI Exception. Rewired and tried 3 usb drives all formatted correctly, tried a USB to SD adapter which worked shortly then...
  7. Spartan200

Discussion 512MB RAM UPGRADE

Course. Learned a ton from you. Appreciate you taking time to share the things you have. No purpose apart from curiosity at first. Load times are improved and titles do not appear graphically distorted at times anymore in WiiFlow. RVLoader load times dramatically improved. When emulating games...
  8. Spartan200

Discussion 512MB RAM UPGRADE

To future readers, or anyone curious. Couldn't find any info on this so I did it myself. Wii comes stock with 64mb or so of RAM. The developers Wii... NDEV edition had 128mb I believe. For running code I assume. Long story short, homebrew apps like WiiFlow run better. If anyone is wondering that...
  9. Spartan200

Solved Looking for a u10 or u9 + 2 ground pins?

Order an extra mobo from ebay for $20 bucks. Comes in handy trust me.
  10. Spartan200

Worklog MX Relocation Board vs Trimmed MX for Omega Trim

MX Relocation
  11. Spartan200

Solved Why is the Wii not turning on?

The white wire is hooked up to the 1.8v OUTPUT. That is the LDO which puts 1.8v out, does not accept 1.8v IN. Wire the trim as follows: 1v to positive, 1.15v to positive, 3.3v to positive and ground. If you still have the LDO on the board you do not need to supply 1.8v.
  12. Spartan200

Question Power button not working/malfunctioning

I've had issues with this before too, use a different switch and wire to legs "1" and "2"
  13. Spartan200

Question Power button not working/malfunctioning

Are you trying to wire a power button to an untrimmed board?
  14. Spartan200

Question 6 Layer Wii Nand Relocation Vias

*I have reviewed the original post about the resistors for the nand and I'm still not fully understanding how I had it working at one point. Thanks.