Recent content by qwertymodo

1. qwertymodo

Question N64CC Sourcecode? Or other FLOSS alternative?

Edit: Just noticed you posted a later version, but the older version here has source code included http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5023.0 Edit 2: The latest version of the source code is actually on the page you linked, you just have to hunt around for it (or Ctrl+F "source")...
  2. qwertymodo

Discussion Controller-on-a-chip

Just in case anybody is interested in how I'm handling the data protocol on the UART, it's 2 N64 bits per UART byte, 1.25MHz baud rate. 00 => 0x08 01 => 0xE8 10 => 0x0F 11 => 0xEF I made up a quick diagram to illustrate, and show where the duty cycle error occurs. Note that the N64 is MSB...
  3. qwertymodo

Yeah, I totally get why you'd do it in asm, but that's a big part of the reason I never finished any of my previous attempts at this project. This time around I decided to try implementing the data protocol by abusing a UART which ended up working surprisingly well, despite a 16% duty cycle...
  4. qwertymodo

Of course it is. :P Might just be easier to write it myself from the pseudocode here. while(augmented message not exhausted) { Control = messagebyte messagebyte = next_messagebyte() messagebyte = messagebyte XOR table[Control] } CRC = messagebyte
  5. qwertymodo

That would be great. I'm using the 18F25K42, so it should just drop right in without any porting (assuming you're using XC8, not C18, but even that wouldn't be hard).
  6. qwertymodo

I know, I've seen that mentioned a few times, but I don't actually understand how it's done or how to go about pre-computing the table. Also, this chip has a CRC module and I kind of like the idea of using the available hardware (good learning experience too).
  7. qwertymodo

I plan to complete the project and I plan to make them available. Whether that means selling them or just releasing everything open source, I don't know yet. If I sell them, the price will likely be around $20 + shipping, which will include the fully populated PCB, 4x memory card, and a...
  8. qwertymodo

I do have one question that I suspect the folks around here might have a good insight on, and that is the joystick sensitivity. I have seen a lot of vague information about translating the sensitivity of an analog stick to the original stick but not a lot of concrete details. Here's what I...
  9. qwertymodo

Probably, or possibly open-sourcing the design like micro did with his converters. Or both.
  10. qwertymodo

I was actually pleasantly surprised that I was able to pull off the controller protocol by slightly abusing a UART instead of manually bit-banging the whole thing, which is what burned me out the last time I tried to make this work (writes were easy, but reads were cutting it super close at an...
  11. qwertymodo

First post, ShockSlayer just introduced me to this board. Building a portable has been one of those projects I've always wanted to try, but it's a lot to take on, so I've taken it on in small pieces over the years. My latest mini project has been the controller. I've seen RDC's miNi64 boards...