Recent content by fibbef

1. fibbef

2021 Contest Entry: TiGER (SNES) Handheld (Portable)

Oh man, I hated those Tiger games so much. They were such a letdown when all a kid wanted was a Gameboy. Case design is spot on for the 90's aesthetics. Any plans to 2D print a cartoonish label to go around the screen?
  2. fibbef

2021 Contest Entry: GB Adwiince v2

To your first question, if you melt the plastic it will probably keep the same color, but melting and mixing it will probably make it extra cloudy, so I wouldn't bank on it staying as transparent as it is now. For your second question, there's no need to coat it. Definitely just use it as...
  3. fibbef

Yeah, or however you see fit. You can see an example of how I used it in the third image of this post: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/psyu-a-psone-portable.748/ Another way I used it was after I royally screwed up some frankencasing, I completely dremeled out the front of my case...
  4. fibbef

This will be a fun worklog, for sure. I love the double-wide GBA mockup in your first pic. I'll offer some Frankencasing advice if you choose to take it: if you're working with a piece that doesn't give you enough interior room as you need or if you need to flatten out a surface, try using...
  5. fibbef

MRKane's final portable [KeyLime Pi-Rate Station]

I'm really sorry to hear about your condition. But I'm glad to hear that you're choosing to quit this hobby on your own terms. I see what you wrote about pity parties, so I'll just leave it at that. Let me know what kind of hobbies you take up next. I've got a tiny bit of experience in about a...
  6. fibbef

RVLoader v1.0

Just installed this over BBLoader on one of my Wiis. Installation was painless and I appreciate the added features. I love that games are now alphabetized. It's the little things.
  7. fibbef

Worklog Super NOTendo

Thanks for the response, CorruptedBit. Yes, most of the cartridges have a bit of wiggle room inside the shell, so after reading your advice, I gave a real half-assed (I mean, let's not mince words here) attempt at making a NOT gate out of a transistor and a couple of resistors. Unfortunately, I...
  8. fibbef

Worklog Super NOTendo

Hello everyone! I'm reaching out asking for help on this project. The solution may be simple, but so far it eludes me. So far in order to trigger a button press, the arduino outputs "low" on a pin, effectively bringing it to ground. It works great for most games. The problem I have is that I've...
  9. fibbef

Worklog my first portable "Wii DS XL"

That looks really nice for early CAD work! Clamshell designs can be rough to work with, so I've heard. Probably has something to do with getting good hinges. I recommend you scout for some existing hinges that you can build into your case and then model your design around that.
  10. fibbef

Worklog Super NOTendo

Man, I hate being dumb. I spent days trying to figure out what I was pretty sure was a programming error. Then it turned out that the clock pin on the second controller port had a loose connection, causing all buttons to be pressed at once. On the plus side, the arduino code is just a little bit...
  11. fibbef

Worklog Super NOTendo

Great news! I figured out the control issues mentioned in the edit of my previous post. Turns out I wired Start and Select to pins 24 and 25 of the cartridge, when my notes say to connect them to 11 and 12. :facepalm: I have no idea how I made this mistake because 24 and 25 are reserved for...
  12. fibbef

Worklog Super NOTendo

For a hardware project, I ended up doing way more software troubleshooting than I expected. But I'm not a programmer, so I should have expected more. For a rundown of my foibles, read on. If that kind of stuff doesn't interest you, skip down to the pictures. I had to rework cheese's code...
  13. fibbef

Worklog Super NOTendo

Gonna hit you with a big shrug there, mate. Mounting a cart slot while yeeting the mobo would certainly provide a lot more internal space, but really all I need is room for the arduino (which there is plenty of space) plus routing wires (again, no challenge). The way I look at it, this way...
  14. fibbef

Worklog Lockdown 64

It's really fun watching you work, Akira. And hooray for reviving old projects! I peeked in on this thread specifically because I wanted to see what you used for a controller solution. 3rd party controllers haven't been working well for me and that's what really put my own 64p project on hold. I...
  15. fibbef

Worklog Super NOTendo

Having recently completed an overdue project, I thought it best to keep the ball rolling and check in on this project that I last visited *checks watch* ...4 years ago!? In my previous post I mentioned depopulating the SNES board. Since I'll be using the cartridge connector, I don't want...