Recent content by darkwing

1. darkwing

Worklog A Study in Product Sourcing

This looks awesome, recreating the PCB of a scph-7000x (GS+EE variant) to have HDD loading. It definitely not an easy task, can't wait to see the result.
  2. darkwing

Worklog An attempt to recreate the PS2 PCB

This is truly impressive, great job on recreating the PS2 PCB! I’m wondering if bringing back the HDD chip that are present in the 7000x series would be an option. The 7000x series use a CXD9731AGP chip for this but not sure if it is possible as the 7900x series as merged quite a few chip...
  3. darkwing

PIS2 - PS2 portable with build in SMB server

So it's finally time to post this project in this section I believe. It's been quite a while since I started this project and it kind of evolve over the years. From thinking of using DVD drive all the way back in 2013 to looking into obscure hard drive setup for the slim, experimenting with...
  4. darkwing

Worklog PIS2, a long overdue ps2 portable

Lol literally, didn't really thinking about it when I put it on for testing but it looked like a pretty good match at the end. It's called Shin megami tensei Lucifer's call in PAL region and Shin megami tensei Nocturne in the US. I pick it up a few month ago and really enjoyed the story and...
  5. darkwing

Actually, before calling it done there was a bit of fine tuning I though would be better to do. First thing was the fan, which was solder on the 3.3v line. This wasn’t really enough to cool down the board in my opinion. After a good 15min the case started to feel really warm so I solder the 5v...
  6. darkwing

Worklog PS2Go

No problemo, I though I mentioned it just in case. No one wants to spend hours on troubleshooting for no reason:D
  7. darkwing

Worklog PS2Go

Looking good, you could try to connect the composite lines which can be a base point to figure out what's wrong. Also if you are going to use the SMB way it looks like the traces for the 2 ethernet points on the edge of the board have been cut but it should be pretty easy to follow them to...
  8. darkwing

The PIS2 is finally completed!

The PIS2 is finally completed!
  9. darkwing

Thanks mate, yes it make sense. In this current setup I wired the same data lines, 1/3 and 4/6 from the PI2 to the transformer board and to the PS2 points. I added 1 more wire from pin 2 on the transformer board to the PS2 board which must be that 3.3v pin. I've also removed the caps as they are...
  10. darkwing

@MRKane Thanks mate for the kind words, for sure that’s a bit disheartening when you are so close. Sometime just taking a small break helps to comeback with a clearer mindset, at least that’s what has been working for me. So on my side I had a fairly packed modding weekend, pretty much from...
  11. darkwing

The 2DC - Completed

This looks stunning! Amazing work as always.
  12. darkwing

So last weekend I manage to get some time to try finish this thing, which took a bit of negotiation with my partner. So ended up spending around 8 hours work across the remaining section of the Portable. I made a basic prototype board to manage the different voltages from the charge/play ports...
  13. darkwing

Finally got a 3D Printer...

Hey man, welcome back! I've been also thinking about getting on the 3D printer bandwagon. Looking forward to get your impression on the Ender 3 and progress on your project.
  14. darkwing

2SP - Nold's First PS2p & Clamshell Case

Yeah nice, so I guess the logo must be running pretty deep in the case. Looking forward to see the final result :D
  15. darkwing

2SP - Nold's First PS2p & Clamshell Case

That case looks sexy and the logo is really cool. Are you planning on sanding the top of the case too after you have the final print or leaving it as is? Also what type of joystick are you using?