Recent content by Blabby

1. Blabby

Question Can't get video output from my Wii

Just noticed the bridge on the VGA connector pins, got that taken care of.
  2. Blabby

Question Can't get video output from my Wii

Hi all, I've finally gotten around to wiring up my Wii. When I tried the first test boot, the screen turned on & was set to VGA, then turned off. The Wii began heating up, but that was the only sign of life. Now the screen wont turn on at all, and the only thing that happens is the fan spinning...
  3. Blabby

Worklog First Ashida worklog update

Decided to prepare my MX chip while I wait for pms to come back in stock
  4. Blabby

UPDATE: After about half an hour of sanding, I got it down to size. Still not great, but absolutely better than before.
  5. Blabby

I used a rotary tool, & the speed was waaay too high for the pcb.
  6. Blabby

Finished my trim, and well... looks like I have *alot* of sanding to do.
  7. Blabby

That worked, thanks. UPDATE: I managed to rip up a trace on the PCB while removing an inductor. How f*cked am I?
  8. Blabby

First major update! I got all the things required to boot a Wii PCB (including the best cooling solution my caveman brain could come up with) and installed RVLoader. Finding the required WAD files online was tricky, but I eventually found my solution. I turned the WiFi patch on and VGA on, but...
  9. Blabby

Can't get my Ashida Wii case printed

I've been having an issue- whenever I try and get the models printed thru Craftcloud or JLCPCB, my order is canceled. EDIT: Here's the email I received- Hi Sir/Madam, Well got your order with many thanks~ Sorry to bother you, but there is one thing that we want to confirm with you about...
  10. Blabby

WORKLOG --- The thought to begin my worklog hasn’t crossed my mind until now, so I’ll just cover the (very little) progress I’ve made until now. I decided that making an Ashida Wii would be the best for my skill level, as it seems like a pretty good beginner’s option (ignoring the lack of...
  11. Blabby

Question Homebrewing a wii with just the PCB?

I bought a 4-layer wii PCB from ebay, since it would be significantly cheaper and easier than hunting down a wii with the right board to buy. One thing I did not think about at the time, however, was how I would install the Homebrew channel. How should I go about this? Any help would be very...
  12. Blabby

Component dimensions

Thanks!
  13. Blabby

Component dimensions

Hey all, I've been designing my own Wii portable in Fusion360, but I can't seem to find the dimensions anywhere online. What I'm looking for is: -RVL PMS 2 -PMS-PD 2 -OMGWTF Motherboard Trim If anybody has these dimensions handy, please let me know! :)
  14. Blabby

My own spin on the Ashida Wii!

I'm not sure what to call it, but here it is! The Proof-Of-Concept was done entirely in Fusion 360.
  15. Blabby

Question How to get started?

So sorry for the late reply! Thanks everyone for the help, I'm feeling a little bit less intimidated by this project now :)