Recent content by Benge

1. Benge

Worklog Portable Xbox 360 (slim)- Research Thread

Good news the motherboard is not dead ! For booting the 360, a connected HDMI or video cable is needed, but that was not the problem here. In fact I had just forgotten to color a part which is connected to the 3.3V and which powers the southbridge. So of course I had forgotten to connect it...
  2. Benge

PCBs are working perfectly ! Who wants a slice of 360? With the new PCBs I can remove this part and it works ! 100% on battery so Portable ! Then I analyzed and reconnected all the wires needed to cut out this other part, but after a lot of testing and research no boot. The southbridge is...
  3. Benge

Worklog Yet, another portable Wii

If you whant great and not "li-bomb" cels, you can go on this DE website : https://www.akkuteile.de/en The one I used from Aliexpress are fine, but you never really know what you got ...
  4. Benge

Here is my last video, I talk about all my attempt : To sum up : 1-NAND Relocation : Thanks to @YveltalGriffin advice, I managed to get the NAND relocation working. The issue was : crossing the wire. For high speed signals the wires must not cross each other, and need to be same lenght...
  5. Benge

Worklog An attempt to recreate the PS2 PCB

Glad it could help you on your amazing project ! I really like the design, and the dimensions are really small, can't wait to see what's next :) I really like the mindset of making what many people think impossible possible ;)
  6. Benge

You know, Ground vias are very important in PCB design B|
  7. Benge

The CPU VCS on my VRM PCB work fine, But my custom VRM didn't work for the moment, So after few test for measuring PWM signal or other signal, I got a things like short circuit at the main voltage for no reason. To see if it comes from my VRM I cut the VRM of a dead MB and put it in place...
  8. Benge

Worklog AtomicPlayStation2: My first portable project. My first portable PS2.

Good work, the case is very clean <3
  9. Benge

Thanks man :) Yea I will be using a custom heat sink, I have already did some test, but I need to take picture with thermal camera.
  10. Benge

It is not 100% of battery, the big VRM that power the XCGPU are powered with the 360 PSU. But it is the next step :)
  11. Benge

Xbox 360 is on a diet again ! I receive my custom PCB, so for now the PCB with the "low" power side work great, all regulator are fine. And the circuit that manage the power path and the batterie charging look to be ok (after some difficulties of course). The power ON/OFF latch circuit work...
  12. Benge

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] First Portable: The PS2

Oh, pretty nice start ! For your PMS you need to make the switching side area of the regulator inductor the smaller possible and the closest to the circuit (or mosfet). I don't know if you are using a 4 layer board but for the power supply I really recommend it, even if it can go over 2 layers...
  13. Benge

Worklog MX Relocation Custom PCB

Pretty nice if it is smaller than original, and it is also a lot more clean ! With the battery on the back, it can simplify a lot the connection process
  14. Benge

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] Portable Xbox 360 (Xbenge-360)

Yeeee Here are the planned specs : Thinner than 50 mm (easy, but not possible if I use original controller style shape). 8" IPS <3 Screen 4S 10 000mAh 16.8V lithium battery (maybe li-po or 21700 li-ion) Play time goal : 1 to 2 H USB-C charge and play (100W, 20V 5A) Wifi For now I have finish...
  15. Benge

Thank you man ! Here is the video, I corrected the automatic subtitles in French, so I hope the auto translate work well ! I have way too much data to update the thread, so I think I'll do a compilation at the end as a big guide